I think he measured wrong!!!

Options
Okay, my weight hasn't gone down in 2 weeks, in fact it went up. But my husband and I have been doing this for a month today so it was time to take our measurements again...uggghhh. I was NOT looking forward to that. But in all I have lost 9 inches!!!!!!!!! He must have measured wrong the first time!! We measured biceps, calves, thighs, hips, waist, bust (chest), and neck. I couldn't believe it, I made him measure me twice!!!! Whooo hoooo!!! Now if the scale would start cooperating!!!! That makes it a little easier to face the weekend, knowing that I have accomplished SOMETHING in the past month!!!!

Stay Healthy Everyone!!!

Have a great weekend. (mine just got better)

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Okay, my weight hasn't gone down in 2 weeks, in fact it went up. But my husband and I have been doing this for a month today so it was time to take our measurements again...uggghhh. I was NOT looking forward to that. But in all I have lost 9 inches!!!!!!!!! He must have measured wrong the first time!! We measured biceps, calves, thighs, hips, waist, bust (chest), and neck. I couldn't believe it, I made him measure me twice!!!! Whooo hoooo!!! Now if the scale would start cooperating!!!! That makes it a little easier to face the weekend, knowing that I have accomplished SOMETHING in the past month!!!!

Stay Healthy Everyone!!!

Have a great weekend. (mine just got better)
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, I'm sure the scale will start showing a difference too!!!
  • brunion
    brunion Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    losing inches is just as importent as pounds you are doing great keep it up nomatter what the scale reads .:bigsmile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I say this all the time. Scale is only one of many ways to measure your health sucesses. IMHO measuring your size is a better gauge anyway, as is body fat %. Just remember, if you are exercising more then you were before you started, your body will be converting some of that food to extra muscle to support the increased activity, A small amount of muscle weighs as much as a big chunck of fat, so you may slim down and become much healthier without actually dropping a pound. The added bonus is that muscle once added, needs constant fuel, which burns more calories, and thus you loose weight quicker once you add that muscle, once your body reaches a muscular equillibrium with regards to how much exercise you are doing, then the fat will literally melt off.
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Go girl!:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    BBBBBBBBBaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkssssssssssss! :happy:

It makes me happy to see you. My scale had an unfortunate accident with a pitcher of water......don't ask. I'm not buying another one. That one was my first ever, I bought it a year ago. I don't miss it. And to add to the growing evidence, I have lost an entire size in the last two months without losing a pound.

I've said it before....Scale = :devil: spawn.

Cheryl
  • ltsoccermom
    Options
    Way to go Memaw!!! Work it baby! :flowerforyou:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

It makes me happy to see you. My scale had an unfortunate accident with a pitcher of water......don't ask. I'm not buying another one. That one was my first ever, I bought it a year ago. I don't miss it. And to add to the growing evidence, I have lost an entire size in the last two months without losing a pound.

Cheryl

Ahh, Cheryl, you are a hoot! Gratz on the size drop! I too have dropped sizes without significant weight loss. After the initial loss of 30 lbs, i haven't really lost anymore, but I am now down to a 35 waist from 40 in september. I haven't been a 35 since before I discovered alcohol in college.:blushing:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options

Cheryl

Ahh, Cheryl, you are a hoot! Gratz on the size drop! I too have dropped sizes without significant weight loss. After the initial loss of 30 lbs, i haven't really lost anymore, but I am now down to a 35 waist from 40 in september. I haven't been a 35 since before I discovered alcohol in college.:blushing:

I see you had cause to "dress up" banks. You look great - and the wife is hot too!....Hoping that is the wife.........:tongue: Yep those first 25 lbs were easy for me. Now it's a bit more of a challenge, but I'm happy where I am now, so anything else is icing. mmmmm icing.....alcohol...................:ohwell:
  • clwilliams222
    Options
    man if i could lose 9 inches i would be one happy lady!:smile: