Loss of a child and getting fit

Thickivory
Thickivory Posts: 36 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
June of 2015 I lost my nine-year-old son from a bicycling accident I had lost 50 pounds before and now I have gained 20 of it back. Just need a little help on trying to balance mourning the loss of my child and trying to stay reasonably fit I know that mourning can make someone go into a depression state but I'm really trying to avoid going that route when it comes to eating any positive feedback would help and if you'd like you can add me

Replies

• agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    So very sorry for your loss. I will send you a friend request and offer every bit of encouragement that I can.
  • Thickivory
    Thanks!
  • linzeymichael
    linzeymichael Posts: 16 Member
    That is the wrost thing in the world. I'm am so sorry and grieve with you. My ex took my kids and I don't know where they are. They were my entire world and still are but its almost like there gone. I cry everyday but I know there at least alive. I can't imagine. I'm here. What I do is I always think would my kid be proud of me. Would they approve. I do everything for my children even though I don't see them or speak to them.
  • knolan147
    knolan147 Posts: 69 Member
    I'm sorry for your loss. Let that be your motivation and drive to lose the weight. Get some good headphones, play some good music, and let your emotions fuel the fire to help you burn those calories. It'll be a double win. You can work through your emotions while burning calories. It works well for me. :).
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Oh my gosh. I am so sorry. I don't really have any advice, I just want to say that I'm so so sorry.
  • Thickivory
    Thanks everyone the encouragement and thoughts are wonderful
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Remember your child would've wanted you to be healthy so keep on working towards your goals !
  • southportmom2fab5
    southportmom2fab5 Posts: 49 Member
    I'm so very sorry for your loss. I think taking care of yourself is the best way to honor your son...even though I'm sure that is probably the hardest thing to do right now. The fact that you are getting out of bed each day is a victory. Set small goals for yourself. Maybe take a short walk or drink more water or cut down on sugar. Baby steps. Do you have any grief support groups near you? You will be in my thoughts and prayers.