Low carb dieting

Options
I've been on a low carb diet now for about 2 and a half weeks, so far I've lost about 10-13 pounds, and lost about 2.5 /3 inches around my waist . I weighed 223 and went down to 208 in this short amount of time , I feel great and I'm noticing weight loss mostly in my stomach, arms and face. I only eat between 50-100 carbs a day, my goal is to reach around 160-150 pounds as I'm pretty tall(about 5'9) . Can anyone with experience in this kind of diet or experienced in weight loss give me advice on how to accelerate this a little more , I Exercise also. And do you think I will be able to reach my goal in around 4-5 months or is that unrealistic?

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Don't rush it! All in good time! Your carb level is perfect. Your challenge will be to get the appropriate amount of Protein. Not too little, and not too much. Somewhere in the 80-100 gram/day range for you. :)
  • ana_cespedes
    ana_cespedes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulacions !! Those are great results.
  • pchca
    pchca Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How many total calories are you eating, are you working out?
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've been on a low carb diet now for about 2 and a half weeks, so far I've lost about 10-13 pounds, and lost about 2.5 /3 inches around my waist . I weighed 223 and went down to 208 in this short amount of time , I feel great and I'm noticing weight loss mostly in my stomach, arms and face. I only eat between 50-100 carbs a day, my goal is to reach around 160-150 pounds as I'm pretty tall(about 5'9) . Can anyone with experience in this kind of diet or experienced in weight loss give me advice on how to accelerate this a little more , I Exercise also. And do you think I will be able to reach my goal in around 4-5 months or is that unrealistic?

That's pretty ambitious, particularly if you're trying to reach 150 in 4 months.

Your weight loss is likely to slow, rather than accelerate because there is typically a quick loss of 5-10 lbs that is mostly water weight.

I eat low carb, and have been losing weight at the rate of a little less than 10 lbs a month (about .3 lbs/day). I watch both carbs (under 50 net, but more typically under 40 net) and calories (1200 or fewer - I'm short).

To accelerate the loss you do the same thing as you do on any other diet - create a bigger calorie deficit by eating less or moving more.

Why the rush? Slower loss is more frequently sustainable.
  • sdawsons
    sdawsons Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Ideal Protein. Its low carb, high protein, no sugar. You will lose the weight if you don't cheat.