? about eating low carb to jumpstart weight loss

melsinct
melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
I am a carb lover. I even bake my own bread. I do try and eat only whole grains and I just about always come in below the MFP carb goal every day. With that said, I have noticed some people on MFP saying that eating low carb for a week or two can get you through a plateau, can get the pounds moving again, etc. I plateaued and am now losing very slowly. If I did a low carb thing for say a week or two, wouldn't the weight just come back when I start eating carbs again, or is that not how it works?

Again, eating low carb forever is not sustainable for me or desirable. I was just looking for something to give my body a kick in the rear to get the scale moving. Of course, I can just keep on doing what I have been doing but the scale's slow movement isn't so good for my motivation!

Replies

• tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    My post called 6 pounds in 5 days....

How did I do it? I followed a one week plan by Jorge Cruise, author of the Belly Fat Cure. I have done it before and needed something to help me get out of a rut. During the day I followed it to a T, but at night I included a granola bar (Planters Bone Health) in addition to my Dove dark chocolate and I did add exercise 3 of the 5 days.

You can go to his website and sign up for his emails to get the PDF of the diet for free. It's made for women over 40!

It's basically a plan that limits sugar and carbs. Try it, you might like it!

www.jorgecruise.com
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    I was always under the impression that when carbs are reintroduced into your diet, your body stores them to replenish the lost glycogen stores. I'm not sure if this could be alleviated by slow reintroduction of carbs.
  • 5weeks
    5weeks Posts: 38
    I started low carb this week to try to get my weight moving again. I have been bouncing from 163-159 for weeks and weeks now!

I have lost 15 pounds so far this year and now I'm stuck.:sad:

I'm just going to try it as a jump start, then slowly add carbs back in. I don't think it is a lifestyle I can stick with the rest of my life, but heck, I've tried the other stuff, so why not?:huh:
  • Take a look at the 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferris - he has a website as well. This guides you through "slow" carbs that burn differemtly in your body. It really works! I'm having eggs and black beans for breakfast as we speak!
  • 5weeks
    5weeks Posts: 38
    Take a look at the 4 Hour Body by Tim Ferris - he has a website as well. This guides you through "slow" carbs that burn differemtly in your body. It really works! I'm having eggs and black beans for breakfast as we speak!

OOOOH I love the sound of that! Any plan that includes beans is my friend! Going to check it out now, thank you!:smile:
This discussion has been closed.