Broccoli Slaw??

Options
ASGG7818
ASGG7818 Posts: 19 Member
I am looking for some recipes and/or some things to make using broccoli slaw- I am trying to work more veggies into my meals and I figure this will be a good way to do it...Any suggestions?

Replies

• sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    what is your favorite salad dressing? whatever it is, get some and put it on the broccoli slaw. I personally like a sesame ginger on that. you could also use it in any sort of stir-fry recipe or add it to some fajita vegetables.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I saute it and put bolognese or marinara and cheese on top. You can also saute and mix with ground meat in any recipe (stuffed peppers, casseroles, and even added into meatballs, meatloaf, etc).
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I've got one! This is a Thai type dressing. Whisk 2-4 T Lime juice, 2 T soy sauce, 2 t. fish sauce, 1/2 t. cumin, chili paste (or other hot sauce) to taste, a spoonful of honey, 1 1/2 T olive oil and a Tablespoon of peanut butter. Add to slaw, shredded carrots, green onion, 1/4 to 1/4 c. chopped cilantro. Garnish with peanuts. Yes there are some calories here, but all that fiber deserves some tasty dressing.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I use it in a quick stir fry that I make

1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into strips
    1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen stir-fry vegetables (yellow, red and green peppers, onions)
    1/4 cup Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
    2 Tbsp. lite soy sauce
    1/2 tsp. garlic powder
    2 cups broccoli slaw

Heat large skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add meat; stir-fry 5 min. or until lightly browned.

Add stir-fry vegetables; stir-fry 5 min. or until heated through. Stir in dressing, soy sauce and garlic powder; cook on medium heat 2 min. or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.

Stir in broccoli slaw.
  • rosema1268
    rosema1268 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use it in my salads romaine, and mix green beans in it too lemon olive oil dressing and little feta and chicken
  • kmcintyre57
    kmcintyre57 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Meatloaf

• 1 container (20 ounces ea.), Ground Turkey, Lean 93/7
    • 12 oz bag, Broccoli Cole Slaw - Dry
    • 2 Egg (3 tbsp), Liquid Egg Whites
    • 4 tlb spoons, Ketchup
    • 0.25 teaspoon (1.4 g), Garlic Salt
    • 1 small, Onions - Raw
    It is wonderful and light calories. Taste great. 162 calories a serving.

Mix turkey, broccoli slaw, egg whites, 1/2 ketchup, salt and onions. Put in a muffin tin, usually makes about 9. use the other half ketchup and brush on top of each. 350 in oven. 45 mins to hour.