Any senior seniors out there. like in the 70 age range?

Options
I am 76, soon to to be 77 and need some encouragement from other seniors that have lost weight or are trying to. We are going away in June on a cruise to Denmark/Norway and would really like to lose the extra flab I am carrying around. Don't want the customs to think I am smuggling something under my top. Anyone, no matter the age, that would like to be my friend, please add me. I have no idea how to do that yet.

Replies

• capricorn2721
    capricorn2721 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm 67 but it's just a number.
  • spazzacus
    Options
    Jayceca,
    I'm a fitness instructor for seniors. Just remember that YOU (seniors in general) have the greatest gains to make: bone density, lean muscle mass, balance, and posture...these CAN all improve with the right exercise and nutrition. (Get some resisitance training.) It's never too late to get fitter. :)
    Good luck!!
    Elizabeth
  • Jayceca
    Jayceca Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you Spazzacus. I just bought a treadmill, but I have to take it easy because of spinal problems. I do 1/2 a day so far and that seems to help.
  • Jayceca
    Jayceca Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I meant 1/2 hour a day. Why don't we see these mistakes when we preview? I always see them just when I hit post. haha
  • Mumzy_44
    Mumzy_44 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well I turned 70 in December need to lose a boat load of weight and get fit. I started this week with a goal to do 10,000 steps a day on the treadmill I did that 2 days in a row but I live alone with the exception of my little dog and yesterday I got a bit dizzy so I stopped I read a really good quote on one of the discussion groups: The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT. that is very true with me. The long term goal seems to distant and impossible to realize that I do soothe myself with what is not in my best interest. Good luck Jayceca
  • RoHeLo
    RoHeLo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Please add me get to 70 in May don't know how that happened lol!
  • jaybirdee
    jaybirdee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I will be 62 in a few days. Guess that makes me a youngster in this group LOL. Sorry to be so dense but can someone tell me how to "add" friends. Since I'm kind of introverted I have been trying to do this on my own. Hope that connecting with others will help.
  • Debgal54
    Debgal54 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I guess I am also a youngster, having turned 62 last week, and I have also been doing this on my own. I am definitely needing motivation and support from some more mature friends. I am trying to lose 40 of the 50 pounds I have gained since I became a lifetime member of Weight Watchers and quit going to meetings, thinking I could do just fine on my own. Please feel free to send me a friend request if I have not figured out how to send one to you.
  • kit2geo
    kit2geo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am 76. I would like to join group. I need some people in my age group to just talk too.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 59 and my husband is 72 add me if you want. Good luck all.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,882 Member
    Options
    kit2geo wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I am 76. I would like to join group. I need some people in my age group to just talk too.

Hi, @kit2geo! Welcome to MFP. I'm 66, and there are quite a few seasoned folks around here, at various stages of loss or maintenance.

This thread is pretty old - from 2016. I'm not sure who else's still around. I'm glad @annliz23 jumped in!

There's a thread here for 60+ people that's still active. Direct link here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10718336/60-yrs-and-up#latest

If you open it up and see old posts, don't be discouraged: Like any longtime thread, all the new posts are at the end, on the high numbered pages. You'll see some recent posts there.

Wishing you success with MFP!