building muscle and losing fat

Options
Question: I know you have to lift heavy in order to build muscle, but what foods do you recommend that help to lose the fat as well?

Replies

• Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    You need hypertrophy to build muscle. You need to have enough protein to support muscle repair. You won't build a significant amount of muscle while on deficit calories.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Protein.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Eat balanced meals, with just more protein than usual. The more muscle you build the more calories they will burn.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    No foods cause you to lose fat, fat Is a stored energy source. To build muscle you need a caloric surplus, to lose fat you need a caloric deficit. Simple as that. Ketogenic diets have shown effectiveness in regards to leaning up to do its ability to teach your body to burn fat as its primary energy source compared to carbohydrates. And lifting heavy isn't the exact way to build muscle. I lift at 8-14 reps and consistently build muscle due to increases in my blood lactate levels. The only lifts I go heavy on are compound lifts(parallel bar dips, OH press, squat, bbell row, deadlifts, and pull-ups.)