Losing Focus

Options
After many months on here and doing very well I seem to have lost focus.
I'm not really over eating, I still work out I just am starting to hate the whole thing. I have 20 pounds to go to hit my goal weight any suggestions or ideas how to get out of this mind set

Replies

• LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing when I hit the 20 more to go mark. For me, it was time to take a break. I logged food, but I had many days over goal, and I slowed down on the cardio a lot (running). About 2 months. I didn't gain or lose fluxuated up and down 1-3 pounds each week. Then after 2 months I hit it hard again....deficit and exercise. And it came off like nothing and fast. I don't know if that works for everyone but it did for me. I've heard others say the break is needed too. Sometimes you focus so intensely on something (logging - exercise regimen) that your brain just needs a rest. But that's it a rest, not forever. :)
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Are you feeling bored with it all? Maybe you need to find some new foods or a different workout strategy. Try mixing it up and seeing if that helps you get your groove back.
  • RainMedRecGirl
    RainMedRecGirl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the same thing. I was so focused and doing so good. I've lost almost 40 pounds I still have 40 more to go. But I have been so dedicated and then the past two weeks I haven't wanted to really exercise and eat right. I don't know what happened. Congrats on your only 20 more to go that's great!
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I would suggest take a break and think why you started this change in the first place. Once you remind your self of all the reasons you might get more focused again.
    Just think how much better you feel now, how this change helped you.
    Good luck and never give up!
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    +1 for the taking a break idea. Perhaps use this time to practice how you are going to eat when you get to maintenance?
  • dianamaine
    dianamaine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started my "lose weight, change my life " last August and was really focused, lost 17 pounds with 15 more to go. As of mid-November I too have not lost any, or gained either, which is great, but I still have a little more to lose. I also found myself more complacent and not quite as motivated. What I have done right now is change things up...joined a gym with a new 3-month program, until April. Previously I was exercising at home with videos and walking a lot. I think the change in scenery is going to do the trick. My suggestion is to change something- find a different support system or place to work out...or rope in a friend. Also, I stopped focusing on the 15 pounds and am going for 5, seems much more doable. Will tackle the next five after that and so on. You can do it! Spring will be here and you will be feeling fabulous!
  • sshammond598
    sshammond598 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I believe your in a valley. Try a new exercise, get outside more, and/or buy a new gym outfit!

You have come this far why in the world quit now???

You are a machine and you bleed oil.... Now get back to work!