no loss

Options
Iv been eating vegetables some cheat days weekly...and have been jogging. But im just not losing weight and its frustrating. I started strength training and i fear that maybe im gaining muscle and not burning any fat. Having to motivate myself is so hard now...

Replies

• kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi, it can be difficult not seeing the weight coming off. If you just started sometimes it takes a few weeks. How many calories are you eating? Are you weighing your food?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking calories? If so, how much are your "cheat days" going over your calorie goal?

While many people find ways to make "cheat meals" or "cheat days" fit in their plans, others find that they can easily eat enough to wipe out the progress they're making on other days.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you are eating more than you think you are
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Eating vegetables and jogging don't magically make you lose weight., especially if you're going overboard on your cheat days. You are eating more than you think you are. Do you weigh your food on a food scale? Log everything?

This chart (courtesy of @lemonlionheart) is very helpful:

jlsb782cj4jy.jpg
  • dujyandco
    dujyandco Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit over two months in. Before this week, (according to my inaccurate, unreliable scale), I bounced between the same six pounds for three weeks, about.
    I read and read and read, kept walking and exercising, started paying more (extra!) attention to weighing foods, bought two new scales... one for me, and one for foods... read about salt intake and balancing it with Potassium, read and learned about protein, drank more water, read articles about ovulation and menstruation and weight.
    I stopped logging in my steps that Pacer picked up and my Fitbit didn't (fitbit steps are harder to come by, for me, as I walk at home sometimes, too, and it only gets about 1/2 or 2/3 of them), and just started letting my charge HR count my caloric burns... joined a few challenges (here and fitbit)... and started weighing daily when my new scale came, last Sunday. I was about where I best guessed I'd be according to my old scale, and this week (TTOM) the scale has dropped a pound almost every day. !!! I'm down 3.8 pounds this week, from Monday.
    My weigh in this week will look very unhealthy :), as it'll be very high (I'm keeping this trend for a few more days, lol). I've upped my burns to over a thousand calories every day, and this spurt has totally inspired and excited me.

Point is--don't give up! Do what you gotta do (read and weigh foods), and keep going. It'll come.
  • kutlwanosamuels
    kutlwanosamuels Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I will try. I think I'm eating more than I think I am.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I will try. I think I'm eating more than I think I am.

Using a digital food scale is very helpful for accurate food logging. And you don't have to wash measuring cups!