50 lbs lost

Options
hanlesm
hanlesm Posts: 3 Member
I began this journey this time last year. For all of my adult life I have been overweight and that needed to change. It was tough at first. The first 12 months were the hardest!!!! But I persevered. When I was out of breath after doing a 2km uphill treadmill walk at a 12% gradient I just told myself, keep going. It's not easy. I am now the same weight I was when I was 12. 170 lbs. Most days! I slip up. I forget to log meals. But I never give up. Mfp has given me a reason to get up in the morning. Some mornings at 5.30am to go running or go to the gym before a 12 hr work shift. But it gets done. I can be tired as all hell. But since the first day in the gym on that treadmill, I just keep saying, a little bit more. It gets me through. Just wanted to post this for anyone else having a hard time at the start. It will work. It may not happen as quickly as you hope but it will happen. Pick a goal, Research how to achieve it then use mfp to help.

Replies

• snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Well done!
    I too get up early and go to the gym. 65 minutes on the elliptical or treadmill, and I just keep telling myself that it is only 1 hour out of 24. Get it over with and you are done for the day.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You accomplished a big life change in one year. :star::star::star:
  • saminabilal
    saminabilal Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Way to go :)
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great dedication.....very well done! :)
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, slow and steady wins the race. :)
  • Page155
    Page155 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you ... I needed that.
  • Cheryl7777
    Cheryl7777 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work and your success.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!