weight loss and Studies

Options
Hey! I want to lose 40lbs by june 16 and am well determined but in march 16 I have my board exams which is building a whole lot of stress in my head as I m not prepared for my exams and all I am doing right now is thinking about how to lose this weight *sigh*... I want a balance... I want to be healthy and free from all the chronic health problems but I also want good grades... :( I dont know how to stop obsessing about food and get back on track.. Please help me in building a healthy,happy n stress free lifestyle ...thank u so much!!!

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you have to help yourself. we cant do it for you.

plan your time to study.
    plan your meals.
    plan your exercise.

if you want something bad enough, you will find a way to make it work.
  • brinktofit89
    brinktofit89 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Try to have some healthy low calorie snacks around like carrots, broccoli, and celery for when the munchies hit. Drinking tea and coffee sometimes helps me not to munch while I'm studying or if I'm at work working on some tough projects. Have healthy easy to grab (low preparation foods) available such as hard boiled eggs or chicken that you can pop in the microwave. It's definitely trial and error to find out what will work. You could also potentially just wait to lose weight until after your exams and just try to maintain your weight till then.

If you want to incorporate exercise, I've always found studying on the treadmill while walking to be effective. I can't usually use my book, but notecards and handwritten notes seem easier for me to study while walking on it. It could probably work on a stationary bike or elliptical.

Good luck on your board exams!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Aim for that balance approach you crave, not that June date. The boards won't wait, so focus on that for now and maybe remove one major bad habit-- pizza, beer, ice cream, something. And add one do-able good habit, like a 20 minute walk as a study break. Break it down. Then after your tests you can focus more on the weight and some bigger lifestyle changes. Good luck!
  • gillbrown55
    gillbrown55 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The fitter you are the better you'll cope with the stress. Cardio exercise is great for boosting brain chemicals that reduce stress. Stress is made worse by eating high cal sugary/fatty food. Working on diet and fitness during exams is the best thing to do.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I would forget about the June deadline and focus mostly on those boards. If you're talking about nursing boards, I've done those, and they are very stressful. Certainly you can measure and weigh your food and so forth but you'll be putting an awful lot of pressure on yourself in such a short amount of time. Crush those boards, nursing or otherwise, first.