HIIT newbie.

Options
Just joined a gym who offers 30 mins of high intensity interval training circuits. Yesterday was my first class and almost threw up. Does this get easier and if so how long? I'm not very active but am trying to lose weight but cardio new to me.

Replies

• rosema1268
    rosema1268 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yep throwing up is a symptom that yiu are doing it correctly. It gets easier but then when it does you need to increase the intensity. You will however do better with quicker recovery. I remember when I first started it 2 years ago it was the worst thing ever I thought. Well I started it up again and I still despise it but it does work!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    20 mins max is all you need. 30 is overtraining. Do a Sprint 8, 20 min HIIT workout twice a week. Pump iron 2 other times/week.
  • richmond2410
    richmond2410 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    30 of hiit sounds like a lot to start out with. I do hiit at home. I purchased a book by sean bartram. It is very good and offers lots of different workouts that you can do at home ranging from 5 min to 60 minutes. Sometimes I only have 5-15 min in the morning and I still find it very effective.