Hello from New England

Options
I have been a member of About.com/Calorie Counter for a while and happened to stumble upon this page. I love how more specific the calorie counter is, (although About has much more food cataloged) and I especially love how involved the members are here in supporting each other. I am so tired of hearing "oh you look fine, you have such a pretty face(it's not my face I'm worried about), you have such a great personality, just face it it's genetic, and the most hurtful one of all...you'll never lose the weight your to old". I am no newbie to diet and weight loss, it's just the first time I'm the one that needs it. I look forward to "chatting" and any advice I may receive along the way.:smile:

Replies

• littleone68
    littleone68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have been a member of About.com/Calorie Counter for a while and happened to stumble upon this page. I love how more specific the calorie counter is, (although About has much more food cataloged) and I especially love how involved the members are here in supporting each other. I am so tired of hearing "oh you look fine, you have such a pretty face(it's not my face I'm worried about), you have such a great personality, just face it it's genetic, and the most hurtful one of all...you'll never lose the weight your to old". I am no newbie to diet and weight loss, it's just the first time I'm the one that needs it. I look forward to "chatting" and any advice I may receive along the way.:smile:
  • cottrell22
    Options
    Hello and Welcome! :flowerforyou:

I'm very sorry those people said such things. They are just plain wrong or just don't understand-well except for your pretty face:smile: You will find many supportive people here (me included!) I am not new to diet or exercise either but am also new to this site-I'm on my 5th day! It's going great so far, having to log in everything I eat makes me think twice about what I put in my mouth (and I usually decide it's not worth it).

Again welcome and I hope this site will give you the positive motivation and encouragement that you want! Good luck! :happy:
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome.

You are never to old to do anything. Age is in the mind. You are very young and you will love your 40's, they are a great time in your life.

You can do this and will enjoy it.

Glad you found the site.

Connie Lynn
  • stratton
    Options
    Welcome to the site. You will have a lot of support here.....:drinker:
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    WHERE IN NEW ENGLAND?
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Morning and welcome!

I'm new too and from New England...go Pats! lol....

I know its tough when you don't get support....but I think you certainly will find it here....my family will say the same things....like when I tell them I need to lose weight or even how much I weigh...they are trying to be nice I suppose by saying....oh well you don't look it....BUT I FEEL IT! lol...sigh...

I'm glad you are here....and hopefully we'll all feel better soon w/ lots of progress!
    best of luck!!!!!
    Ali
  • littleone68
    littleone68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Thank you to those who have welcomed me. I feel like part of the family already. I too have found myself to be more critical of what I eat. Not so much because I write it down, I've kept journals before, but because the fat, calories, etc. are all in black and white. And you can't say oh one bite won't hurt because now you can see what that one bite really adds up to. I lost weight back in 2004, I had gone from 160 to 118 and it took about 11 months. Unfortunately my circumstances when south and so did my diet. I got back on track again in the last year, even enlisted the help of a dietitian in January, but the scale seems more stubborn that a mule stuck in cement. I'd be happy to hear any suggestions on how to keep motivated (short of tying a cookie to the elliptical) I have days where I feel very low and unmotivated. For those who asked I live about 20 minutes south of Nashua, N.H. Thanks everyone!!