Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution 2016

Options

Replies

• dani_doing_it
    dani_doing_it Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Well ladies I'm on day 4 of a horrible chest cold. I have my last workout 2 and cardio before moving in the workouts 3&4. I know they are harder so I want to be 100% before getting back at it. Just very frustrated I will lose my progress. I think I may do cardio today and finish with w/o 2 tomorrow.

I love seeing all the progress posts. Keep it up!!
  • sallymason88
    sallymason88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have been ill this week too, very very frustrating, especially as i am only on week 2, and i dont want to break the momentum. I managed workout 1 on monday. so today i am going to do workout 2 plus cardio. tomorrow workout 1 plus cardio, then workout 2 on sunday, so i feel i will have caught up !. Start 3 next week as normal.
  • dmegan012
    dmegan012 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    @dani_doing_it @sallymason88 Just make sure you let your body heal. Being ill is very hard work for it, and if you add too much extra stress, it can take longer to get better.

Did my first Week 3 workout today :) I've never made it this far before! I usually quit about halfway through Week 2. I really think I can do it this time. Quitting doesn't feel like an option.
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    @dmegan012 keep at it! you will love the results! :)
  • sallymason88
    Options
    Thanks for your concern dmegan012 . I managed to do both dvd's and felt better for it after. I couldnt have done it yesterday. I will try again tomorrow to double up. I know it is daft but I really want to catch up and start week 3 fresh on Monday. You keep going, it will soon become a habit in my experience.
  • dmegan012
    dmegan012 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your concern dmegan012 . I managed to do both dvd's and felt better for it after. I couldnt have done it yesterday. I will try again tomorrow to double up. I know it is daft but I really want to catch up and start week 3 fresh on Monday. You keep going, it will soon become a habit in my experience.

I actually do the same thing with trying to catch up on programs :) I hope you feel better
  • 108victorian
    108victorian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm just about done with week 1, only cardio 1 left. And yes, I too hate the running man; It hurts my knees and causes my boobs to get slap-happy. For Insanity and now JMBR I sub the running man (scissor kick) with something comparable like back lunges. I'm not following her meal plan due to the inefficiency of the groceries used for one person, but I am eating clean and keeping my food at 1200kcal. I'm using the heaviest weights I can for each exercise. I don't have a scale but my shirts and pants already seem to be slightly more loose (even after wash day).
  • 15Veronica
    15Veronica Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm on the other JM rev thread and didn't see this one! I started Month 2 today and just finished Workout 5. I feel like all we did was arms and now mine feel like spaghetti.

Running man...yep, had to ease into that one. Started by not jumping and just taking steps. Then did the jumping but every other one. Last week finally kept up with video.
  • sallymason88
    Options
    I am not following the meal plan, I dont know if it is because I am in the UK, but it looks a bit of a faff to me! and also as 108victorian says, the recipe's are for 4 in the main, not suited to my household. Today I have done my week 2 workout 1 plus cardio in my "catch up" efforts. Felt pretty good, then went for a walk for an hour, so feeling pretty positive, when I do Workout 2 tomorrow I will be back on track to start week 3 Monday . I used heavier weights today for some of the exercises and tried to do the plyo sumo squats , and flipping heck ! I managed it. proudness surrounds me ! I want to be able to do a lunge jump thing, cant remember what it is called, but that is my next goal, whilst working towards being able to do a full push up... well more than the 1 i can do. I will let you know when I get to 2 in a row. :smile: Just a thought @108victorian , when I started exercising last year, I was on 1200 calories and exercising, but not losing much weight. The weight loss started when I went up to 1400 a day. It is just a thought, I am no expert ! I lost 28 lbs in a few months when i put the intake up
  • KudraM
    KudraM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @sallymason88 definitely faff! I do argee that more cals helps. I , too, was on 1200 last year and couldn't get anywhere.
  • dani_doing_it
    Options
    dmegan012 wrote: »
    @dani_doing_it @sallymason88 Just make sure you let your body heal. Being ill is very hard work for it, and if you add too much extra stress, it can take longer to get better.

Did my first Week 3 workout today :) I've never made it this far before! I usually quit about halfway through Week 2. I really think I can do it this time. Quitting doesn't feel like an option.

Thank you!!!

I pushed too much last Sunday and it made things worse. I'm dressed and ready to get my final workout 2 in today. I've been eating like crap this week - fast easy food so I'm happy to be getting back to it this week
  • sallymason88
    Options
    @KudraM , I was watching a youtube interview the other night with Jillian M, she herself said that 1200 is too low, and you should only do that if are completely sedentary 1400 was the lowest she said you should go to. As I said, I know nowt, but the weight didnt start coming off until i went up to 1400, and I was exercising a lot at the 1200. @dani_doing_it , good luck for the final workout 2 for this week, I am doing a night shift tonight, then my final workout 2 tomorrow Should be starting week 3 at the same time then. All that fast food you ate.. well, it was calorie free poorly food wasnt it :)
  • dani_doing_it
    Options
    Thanks @sallymason88. I just finished w/o 2. The hip thrusts were a struggle today and I know she gets into some much hard variations of them as the workouts progress.
  • sallymason88
    Options
    i shall look forward to that then @dani_doing_it !
  • sallymason88
    Options
    Week 2 completed. Starting week 3 tomorrow. also did a walk for 90 mins. According to my HRM I burned 730 calories. I was striding out as fast as I could to some fitness music, but I find that burn hard to believe. I will eat half back, or maybe 300.
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Just finished workout 2 for the last time. One more cardio 1 and then starting week 3 on Wednesday. Those of you who are already on weeks 3 and 4, would you say it is a lot harder than weeks 1 and 2? Are there any cable workouts?
  • sallymason88
    Options
    Week 3, workout 4. It is slightly harder. I couldnt do the plank'os (i think that is what she said) I could only do a couple. Still only able to do one military push up, i tried 2, not happening
  • MsChocolateOne
    MsChocolateOne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone I am currently on week 2 of body revolution. Have anyone had success with this program before?
  • amandabullock120
    amandabullock120 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! I'm starting week 3 today, and finding it hard to get motivate. It is hard for me to workout on weekends with everyone home, and having 2 day off has killed my motivation. Also, I go back to college today.. :( I'm really determined to finish this program!!

How is everyone else doing with the program?
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 2 today. How did you like week 3?