Sugar Free Low Sodium Salad Dressings?

Options
Anyone know of any bottled ones? I know its hard to find anything packaged without crap tons of sodium, but I do not want to overwhelm myself just yet by "making my own" dressing, I need something quick and easy, and I finally found 2 I like with no sugar but they are killing me with the sodium content!

the two I have been eating are:
Annie's Naturals "Goddess Dressing"
Drew's "Classic Italian"

Any input would be appreciated :)

Replies

• debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Maple Grove Sugar Free Raspberry Vinaigrette has 160 mg of sodium. Their Sugar Free Italian White Balsamic has 70 mg. They have other sugar free dressings too.
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I will have to look for that brand, what store do you find it at?

ETA: Never mind I see Wal-Mart carries it lol Thank you!
  • space_case
    space_case Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Not 100% sure if they are considered low sodium, but the Skinny Girl Dressings (from Skinny Girl cocktail creator Bethanny from Real Housewives of New York) have recently been in my local grocery store. They are sugar free and fat free. Haven't tried them though so don't know about taste.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm eating a salad right now. Instead of 2 tbsp of dressing I used one kraft raspberry vinaigrette lite with one tbsp of real lemon. Sometimes I add nice dijon mustard or even evoo.
    Isn't it disgusting how 2 tbsp of dressing can have more calories than the bucket of lettuce you are eating?
    Kraft for 1 tbsp 15 calories 3 grams of sugar 120mg sodium. Those w/ 0 sugar have artificial sweeteners (yucky taste). Open diary.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    don't know if the boathouse dressings will work for you- but they are delicious to me- check them out as well
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I make my own dressing by mixing some plain yogurt, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and then dump in some dried herbs like basil and dill. It literally takes a minute, logging included, and you can just wing it to taste :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Olive oil & vinegar. No mixing required. I keep some good balsamic and a good red wine vinegar on hand at all times. Sometimes other flavors of both olive oil and vinegar for more variety.
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Seriously, make your own. It is easy!

Here is my "recipe"

1/2 cup olive oil
    3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
    1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard

Then whatever herbs (usually dried) I toss in along with minced garlic, black pepper and a dash of Nu-Salt (soda, free).

Easy, easy, easy.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Panera branded poppyseed dressing. 15 calories, low sodium, no sugar :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Go for full fat dressings. They usually have less or no sugar.

I find the dressings in the refridgerated produce section usually have less sugars - probably why it it is refridgerated since it doesn't have the suagrs tp preserve it.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    pdxwine wrote: »
    Seriously, make your own. It is easy!

Here is my "recipe"

1/2 cup olive oil
    3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
    1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard

Then whatever herbs (usually dried) I toss in along with minced garlic, black pepper and a dash of Nu-Salt (soda, free).

Easy, easy, easy.

This is a good one. You can also take a favorite, like ranch, and add EVOO and just mix it up. Simple.

• caramel_latte_xo
    caramel_latte_xo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Walden farms is sugar free, zero calories. It's pretty good.