Anybody prefer this over Facebook?

Options

Replies

• hazman81
    hazman81 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The only one reason why I may go back to fb is because I was in Iraq for two years and made friends with a lot of Iraqis and would like to keep in touch.
  • RaeAllenJade
    RaeAllenJade Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't have Facebook, so this is my only form of entertainment
  • Starman02
    Starman02 Posts: 181 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Deletes Facebook account
    Leaves all social media
    Leaves Edmonton, moves to the Himalayas
    Pigeon comes with a note
    I open the note
    Candy crush request.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I loves MFP over FB any day
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I also deleted my FB account last year after 10 years of being a "user". Best decision I ever made. People are much more positive here and are less prone to rant.

THIS
  • FunFattie
    FunFattie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    hazman81 wrote: »
    i am no longer on Facebook because of the drama, but I really like it in here!

wait ... MFP drama hasn't found you???

That being said, i haven't been on FB in months
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    this, all day & all night, and the next day
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I quit FB 3 or 4 years ago. I missed it for about a month...now I am so glad I quit. It's such a drain in so many ways. As for the photos - I had over 1000 of my kids. I logged back in a few months ago and exported them all. Now they reside in my google photos, rendering FB useless to me. MFP I enjoy because I have a goal and I use it as a tool. I stay out of the silliness, I don't visit "chit-chat" and I'm very picky about who I let be my friend. I've been here since Jan 2013 - so far, so good. I've remained drama free, I've enriched my mind and body and I've met some like-minded ladies :)
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    mfp is even better than fetlife.
  • Fit_Kountry_
    Fit_Kountry_ Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm new here but haven't had FB for a while now
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options

Not quite
  • HappilyDistracted
    HappilyDistracted Posts: 1,700 Member
    Options
    I loves MFP over FB any day

^^this
  • shezza4mobee
    shezza4mobee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    got family across the globe and some good friends I have on Facebook, so account open as that's how I share pics with my family in one swift go. Could do like mentioned above without all the "don't be heartless and type Amen" or the child abuse and animal abuse stuff. I mean I'm not blind, I know there's a crappy world out there with crazy folks I don't need FB reminding me. I could also do with every other person taking a pic with their Starbucks drink....
    Other than that, this is also my zone away from FB and my hearty advice, plus tons of encouragement here that you don't necessarily get on FB because after a while, people really don't care that you worked out and ate well.... IMHO
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Meeting new people is easier on this
  • Orione2
    Orione2 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Facebook's pretty boring as I know everyone on it and they do the same things ALL the time...but don't tell them I told you
  • hazman81
    hazman81 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ill make sure I dont
  • biattabrittani
    biattabrittani Posts: 836 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Starman02 wrote: »
    Deletes Facebook account
    Leaves all social media
    Leaves Edmonton, moves to the Himalayas
    Pigeon comes with a note
    I open the note
    Candy crush request.

I'm dying! Darn those pigeons & bless this concept of no strings attached!
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    For me each serves a different purpose, although I do have a few friends who are on both. But for the most part, I use Facebook to keep in touch with friends from high school, college, and my time in NYC, as well as my extended family. I also use it to communicate with people in my community...friends and neighbors.

I suppose I can be a little more uncensored on MFP (although I can be pretty outrageous on FB.) I figure I don't have to worry about the judgement of my mother-in-law or the president of the PTO here on MFP. While my social interactions here are mostly somewhat superficial...there are times I feel I can also be more candid. There is no fear of revealing the whole truth when there is no fear of judgement.

Just as I rarely post pictures of my family on MFP, I wouldn't dream of posting some of my MFP photos on Facebook (especially not the ones that have led up to my current photo ban).
  • nukephysicist
    nukephysicist Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Bwahahahaha. MFP over any socia media. Period.
  • Billy60s
    Billy60s Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    For me each serves a different purpose, although I do have a few friends who are on both. But for the most part, I use Facebook to keep in touch with friends from high school, college, and my time in NYC, as well as my extended family. I also use it to communicate with people in my community...friends and neighbors.

I suppose I can be a little more uncensored on MFP (although I can be pretty outrageous on FB.) I figure I don't have to worry about the judgement of my mother-in-law or the president of the PTO here on MFP. While my social interactions here are mostly somewhat superficial...there are times I feel I can also be more candid. There is no fear of revealing the whole truth when there is no fear of judgement.

Just as I rarely post pictures of my family on MFP, I wouldn't dream of posting some of my MFP photos on Facebook (especially not the ones that have led up to my current photo ban).

And i thought FB was bad for photo bans. If it doesn't involve violence it should be celebrated. I'm the same with pics here, I would never post them on FB although I have posted some on my photo blog