How much did you lose in the first 2 - 3 weeks?

Options
I am getting myself ready to hit this thing but I am wondering if you are 50 - 70 lbs overweight if you can lose more than 2 pounds in the first 2 - 4 weeks. I would love a better kickstart. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Agarland34
    Agarland34 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    A huge loss of water weight is pretty common in the first 7-10 days. I've lost 5-8 pounds in the first two weeks. I think once you make it to week three, things get better. Good luck!!!!
  • Ginaaa71
    Ginaaa71 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just got back on the wagon and I've lost 5.7 lbs in 4 days of eating the following: breakfast 2 whole eggs 2 egg white omelet with mushrooms and bell pepper 1 tbsp of butter, lunch kale salad from Sams Club (half the bag) 1/2 c of cottage cheese, dinner varies but higher protein and veggies, snacks are berries beef jerkey or hard cheese (1oz.). My goal is lower carbs lots of veggies 2 servings of fruit a day and higher protein moderate fats. I'm not hungry, it's easy and convenient, and tastes good. This is usually between 1250 calories to 1400. Wishing you success!
  • Kitty_Nikki
    Kitty_Nikki Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 pounds the first week, but as most people will tell you it is mostly water weight. After that I leveled out to the 2 pounds per week I was aiming for.
  • russelfine
    russelfine Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    First month I lost just shy of 18, I also weighed 400 and most of that loss was water weight
  • misskfade
    misskfade Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First week with 8lb lost . X
  • XxAAmandaxX
    XxAAmandaxX Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have lost 6 lbs in my first week. When I am all in, I tend to lose between 2-5 lbs per week, consistently.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    About 2 lb. It wasn't a race.
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm down nearly 9lbs in the first week but have loads to lose!
  • kenya1094
    kenya1094 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your answers everybody. I have never weighed this much in my life and I am distraught. I guess I just have to get moving. Thank you again!
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I gained 2 lbs the first week. A little different than everyone else :blush: But the second week I lost 4-5 lbs. Just wanted to say that, even if you don't lose much the first week, you will eventually see a difference. Good luck!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs a month the first 3 months...
  • buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I lost 13 pounds in week 1 and 8 pounds in week 2... going on to lose my *first* 100 pounds in my first 7 months, and ANOTHER 175 pounds over the following 2+ years, for a TOTAL of 275 pounds G-O-N-E forever!! ❤️

❤️From 410 pounds to 135 pounds❤️

2imppanjugqv.jpeg
  • YaGirlMaddi
    YaGirlMaddi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I lost 6 pounds my first week and 2 on my second week. I am currently on my 3rd week, but I won't weigh in until monday.
  • DaisiesandViolets
    DaisiesandViolets Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I lost 4.8 lbs my first week and 1.2 lbs second week. Today starts week 3!
    SW: 234.4
    GW: 175
    Good luck!
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I ended up losing 10lbs in the first week then stalled for 4 days before eventually losing a further 2.2lbs (with 2 more days until my official week 2 weigh in). I'm pretty fat though and had 100lbs to lose when I started so still 88 to go!
  • jmackey1980
    jmackey1980 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    17 in the first three weeks, 8.5 the first week. Slowing down significantly now to be 2-3 per week avg most likely based on my past experience. I am hoping to lose about 65 total.
  • jason6252
    jason6252 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    At the end of week two right now and as of today I have lost 8 pounds.
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I lost somewhere between 10 and 12 pounds the first few days and 20 in the first month. Most of that was probably excess water. I've lost a total of 50 pounds in the last 160 days
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I had about a 4 lb loss that first week but went up a lb this week. I'm not concerned cause I'm just starting out and it takes time to lose weight. My body is still adjusting to the new change in diet and activity
  • shaheensameer
    shaheensameer Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do i know how many calories i hav to eat, the one they hav mentioned on the food diary ?? And also after adding the exercised burn calories it keeps varying. Plz help
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!