My progress-good or bad ?

Options
Hello,

Thanks for helping me in my cutting phase. So grateful to have all you here.

From Jan 1-2015 230lbs -27.8% BF - now I'm at 223.6 lbs and 26.1 % BF .. don't know if that's good or bad but it is what it is.

Lost 0.3 inches from biceps and that hurts lol
Chest 45.5 to 43.7
Arms 16.3 to 16 dammn (almost had a heart attack)
Hips 45 to 44.5
Waist 42 to 40.8
Tighs 26 to 26 lol thankfully
Calves 16.2 to 16 dammit
Forearms 12.6 to 12.3 (by this time I had accepted the fact that this is unavoidable)
Shoulders 19.8 to 18.8 (kill me now)

What do you guys think?

I'm off to boxing session.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome!!
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    2 lbs a week, sounds like you are doing great.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Any progress, as long as it's not extreme, is good progress.

Just be prepared for your progress so start slowing down as you continue. First couple of weeks is typically a big loss of water weight.
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Progress is progress. :smile:
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have no idea if that's good or not. You've been cutting for a year?
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    Any progress, as long as it's not extreme, is good progress.
    I think I'll have to get used to the drop in size. What's happening with me is testament towards the theory that there is no such thing as "spot reduction".
    Just be prepared for your progress so start slowing down as you continue. First couple of weeks is typically a big loss of water weight.

Water percentage in body went up bro. From ~54% to 56% now?
    LHWhite903 wrote: »
    Progress is progress. :smile:

Started on Jan 1,2016
  • viren19890
    Options
    Overall size going down. I have most visible fat accumulated around belly area, biceps and shoulders were lean and so was calves. That's what I thought, hopefully I'm not losing muscle mass.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    You have only just started so most of your loss so far could be water.

Weigh at the same time and place each time you weigh so your numbers are reading constant conditions. The most popular is first thing in the morning, naked, after emptying the bladder.

You will lose muscle mass as you lose fat. That is just the way it happens.
    To retain as much muscle as possible:

Set your goal to a reasonable amount. 1.5 lbs a week if you have 50-75 lbs to lose is about right. 1lbs for under 50 but over 25. Too aggressive and you will compromise muscle retention.

Start a progressive compound lifting programme now. You may make some small newbie gains, but the main emphasis should be on retaining the muscle you have. If you don't use it; you lose it.

Use your scale as an indicator for all stats excerpt your weight. It is very hard to get a true assessment of anything else on it. It is ok to use it relatively though.
    When I started my BF was 29% now it is 20% on my scale. In real life I know I am much closer to 25% BF, but the scale has been a good indicator of movement.

Keep at it- slow, steady, and accurate wins the race.

Cheers, h.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    A few measuring tops since you are so stressed about it: You need to be very consistent on how and where you measure. Be sure to use a myotape type tape for greater consistency. Measure in the same place every time and pull the tape slightly snug but not tight and keep it level. Measuring even 1/2 or 1 inch up or down can make a big difference. So do crookedly held tapes.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Progress is progress. If you are losing and looking better, then it's fabulous :)
  • viren19890
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You have only just started so most of your loss so far could be water.

Weigh at the same time and place each time you weigh so your numbers are reading constant conditions. The most popular is first thing in the morning, naked, after emptying the bladder.

You will lose muscle mass as you lose fat. That is just the way it happens.
    To retain as much muscle as possible:

Set your goal to a reasonable amount. 1.5 lbs a week if you have 50-75 lbs to lose is about right. 1lbs for under 50 but over 25. Too aggressive and you will compromise muscle retention.

Start a progressive compound lifting programme now. You may make some small newbie gains, but the main emphasis should be on retaining the muscle you have. If you don't use it; you lose it.

Use your scale as an indicator for all stats excerpt your weight. It is very hard to get a true assessment of anything else on it. It is ok to use it relatively though.
    When I started my BF was 29% now it is 20% on my scale. In real life I know I am much closer to 25% BF, but the scale has been a good indicator of movement.

Keep at it- slow, steady, and accurate wins the race.

Cheers, h.

I got it measured at herbal life lol the fat percentage and then at home it was exactly same on my weight scale. Escali is the brand IIRC

I've been doing Wendler 5/3/1 since may 2015 and I was 215-216 went to 230lb and never knew caloric intake counting and all. Just kept eating whatever. My food habits were so wrong that I was under eating and that too with garbage processed. I gained so much newbie strength.

Just recently learned calorie counting and TDEE and BMR. lol when I was working out I was suppose to be eating 3400 calories and I was eating lower than 2400-. Body went in preservation mode and I kept gaining fat over fat. I wish I knew all this in May and I would've gained even more strength and muscle. Now I think at least until 215lb I ain't going to see a shred of muscle.
    However, when I pinch on my biceps I can hold onto any fat, similarly on shoulders, so not sure how'd I lose fat if there wasn't any to begin with.?

Thanks for the chiming in.

lorrpb wrote: »
    A few measuring tops since you are so stressed about it: You need to be very consistent on how and where you measure. Be sure to use a myotape type tape for greater consistency. Measure in the same place every time and pull the tape slightly snug but not tight and keep it level. Measuring even 1/2 or 1 inch up or down can make a big difference. So do crookedly held tapes.

I use bodybuilding measuring tape. I put it around a body part and it goes in the hole that's on the tape holder. Kinda neat. To avoid an inch up or down, I'm measuring all body parts and I measure with my fingers to ensure its at the same spot lol