Yeast Free, Dairy Free Diet

Options
I am looking for others who are eating yeast free, gluten free, and dairy free, to share in recipe ideas, as well as to support each other. This lifestyle is hard, but works. I have gone through it before, but was not disciplined to stay on it. I have hypothyroidism and I am allergic to yeast, so this is the diet my doctor has recommended.

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get your calcium in, ok? Low bone density is horrific in older age.
  • bandpwise
    bandpwise Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am on all sorts of vitamins including vitamin C, D, Magnesium, L-Arginine, etc. I follow my doctor who specializes in hypothyroidism.
  • Back2Biz
    Back2Biz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi! That sounds similar to my choices. I'm Vegan but to lose weight I'm cutting out carbs for a while. I have been making green smoothies in the morning for a few weeks now and now I LOVE them (already lost 9 pounds). So easy, super nutritious and filling. I use 1 cup Almond milk that I make my own in my blender (but you can buy Silk brand to avoid Carrageenan - it's a thickening agent and has gotten a bad rap - linked to cancer and allergy issues). Then I blend up 1/2 Avocado, 1 large kale leaf, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 cup any fruit I have on hand, 1 Tbs of flax or hemp or chia seeds and 1 tsp each of Moringa and Chlorella powders and 1-2 cups water - I like it runny to drink, rather than thick like a milkshake. Sometimes I add stevia too if I want it sweeter. It's loaded with vitamins, Omega Complete, and rich in protein. I also make a huge pan of roasted veggies and keep in the frig so that I can add to salads. I bake Tofu with Liquid Smoke or Bragg Amino Acids (tastes like soy sauce) and crumble that up on my roasted veggies. When I'm not avoiding carbs, I like to make a Tomato, Cabbage, Rice Soup and I freeze that in small batches to have throughout the month when I'm too uninspired to make something fresh. Also, I make a salad with Quinoa, Black Beans, Avocado, Onion, Olive Oil, Garlic, Lime - and sometimes I add in lightly steamed shredded kale. SUPER YUMMY!! Hope those were some good ideas. :0) Good Luck!!!
  • bandpwise
    Options
    That sounds good. I can't have fruit for one more week. But I will try it!
  • kim196043
    kim196043 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also allergic to yeast and feel best when I stick to no sugar, no grains, no dairy. Right now I'm doing the 30 day Whole30 diet, which is somewhat of an illumination diet. In addition to what I've already said no to it's also no peanuts, no soy and no processed foods of any kind. And no alcohol. I do feel better. It's day number six. And when I do fall off the wagon, as I have so many times in the past, particularly over this holiday season, and eat wheat and sugar, I feel horrible. I gained weight so quickly that doesn't seem to budge. So I'm with you in this. If you need a buddy to stick to gluten-free sugar-free and dairy free I'd be happy to do that with you
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    @Back2Biz I am interested in some pointers you may have if you can message me. I cannot send a message to you or fr you I tried. I'm curious about moringa and chloerella? Are those helpful forms of protein as a vegan?
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi I am trying as well to avoid these things except for yeast ( which maybe I should) is the yeast purely bc of allergy or bc of hypothyroidism? I have pcos so I find I need to avoid wheat (most types) gluten, soy and I think I do ok on dairy but I've cut back. I've found certain meats to aggravate things too.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    bandpwise wrote: »
    I am looking for others who are eating yeast free, gluten free, and dairy free, to share in recipe ideas, as well as to support each other. This lifestyle is hard, but works. I have gone through it before, but was not disciplined to stay on it. I have hypothyroidism and I am allergic to yeast, so this is the diet my doctor has recommended.

This always makes me have questions.
    First how do you know you are ALLERGIC to yeast?
    Second, why are you avoiding dairy and gluten?

The reason I ask is that, before I did food SENSITIVITY testing (ALCAT), I thought I reacted to dairy and gluten. I'm not at all! It was a big relief to know this, so I wasn't trying to figure out why my gut would be unhappy at times.
  • bandpwise
    Options
    I had allergy testing done that showed I am allergic to mold. I don't care for most dairy and I can have hard cheeses.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    If you are into baking and want to make tortillas, this recipe is REALLY good for being gluten free. I do use lard and not shortening and I also add a tsp of Xanthum gum, the 1st time I made them, they did not hold together, so I added it to help. http://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/gluten-free-flour-tortillas-from-gfoas-bakes-bread/
    DD & I love them.