Your excuses

Options
larali1980
larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
What are your excuses and how will you crush them?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if i had excuses i wouldnt have lost 70 pounds.

i lost through 2 deaths, 2 moves, 2 kids, 13 pets, owning a business, separating from my husband, dealing with my neurotic family that makes me glad they live 1500 miles away, and heaven only knows what else.

excuses are like *kitten*.... everybodys got one ;)
  • ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My excuses are gone!!! I wont let them rule me any longer. However, I use to have many of them, I'm too tired, I dont have time, I dont feel well. There are too many people in the house, i can't afford the gym, I'm too out of shape
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,989 Member
    Options
    I never made excuses. I've lost 23 pounds because I have been watching what I eat and trying to be more active. Before I didn't like being fat but it didn't bother me enough to do anything about it. There was no excuse. I just didn't want to do the work that losing weight would require. Now I'm willing to do it.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I never made excuses. I've lost 23 pounds because I have been watching what I eat and trying to be more active. Before I didn't like being fat but it didn't bother me enough to do anything about it. There was no excuse. I just didn't want to do the work that losing weight would require. Now I'm willing to do it.

And this is key to pretty much everything.

I don't personally like the "no excuses" mentality because to me it dismisses some very legitimate challenges. But your attitude is far more honest and realistic, and doesn't make judgments on others.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I'm making an excuse right now. It's cold outside and I don't feel like grocery shopping. I really want the Greek yogurt for dinner though :(
  • bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I don't like excuses. Not in any situation (barring, of course, actual limitations). If you can't own up to your choices then you'll never learn to make good ones.
  • asgentr
    asgentr Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My joints are painful. Crushing the excuse with the elliptical, water aerobics and modified diet.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    My excuse was that it was his fault. While it's true that it is easier for me to control my weight when I'm single and not cooking for anyone but me and have more time to exercise, I did realize that this was just an excuse.

I have knee issues and don't let them be an excuse. Although I can't do specific things, there are plenty of things I can do.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    asgentr wrote: »
    My joints are painful. Crushing the excuse with the elliptical, water aerobics and modified diet.

What dietary changes help your joints?
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My excuse used to be that I was to tired or didn't have time. I'm at the point in my life where I've decided to stop lying to myself and just do it. It's great.
  • nessssa36
    nessssa36 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One excuse that I find myself using lately is. "Well I just had more ice cream than I should have so I might as well wait until tomorrow and start over." Nooo, it's only 4 in the afternoon you can make a difference now! Hop on that elliptical for 20-30 minutes and burn off those extra calories + some.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I have one excuse... PMS. I get really, really hungry. Wish I could find a way to crush that one. Still working on it...
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    asgentr wrote: »

That's mine! It's really easy to say "My knee hurts, I don't want to walk today" or "My back hurts, I don't want to hoop or pick up my weights". I'm having to fight back pretty hard. Yeah, can't walk? The pool is open until 10 pm, lady. Back hurts? You know it will loosen up if you just hoop for ten minutes. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Oh and yeah... my muscles. I can never do as much/intense cardio as I'd like because my stupid muscles get strained very easily now :(
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Once in awhile I get that "I'm too tired" to go to the gym thought, I don't listen to it. And I take a pre-workout.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I have one excuse... PMS. I get really, really hungry. Wish I could find a way to crush that one. Still working on it...

This
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I don't make excuses. I either exercise or take the day off. No excuses.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I had one death in my family a couple of days ago and my marriage is falling apart. I have not eaten over my goal this week. I really want this. There is no excuse or good enough reason for me to derail my want and need for a healthy weight and body.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    I had one death in my family a couple of days ago and my marriage is falling apart. I have not eaten over my goal this week. I really want this. There is no excuse or good enough reason for me to derail my want and need for a healthy weight and body.

atta girl !!!! ((((hugs)))) life sucks sometimes. been there done it all this past year!
  • lilmissdreday
    lilmissdreday Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    nessssa36 wrote: »
    One excuse that I find myself using lately is. "Well I just had more ice cream than I should have so I might as well wait until tomorrow and start over." Nooo, it's only 4 in the afternoon you can make a difference now! Hop on that elliptical for 20-30 minutes and burn off those extra calories + some.

This is totally my excuse to a tee! Except mine is.. oh well you ate half a pizza so might as well wait until Monday! :/