Log it

Options
i work as a cashier at our local grocer. I'm walking, bending and lifting during my shift. We don't have chairs or anything to sit on. Only during lunch or breaks are we able to sit. I'm wondering how I can log it as exercise? Maybe I'm just delusional but I get pretty tired when we are busy and can work up a sweat from time to time!

Replies

• mbortz12
    mbortz12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You can try and search in my exercise thy have a whole list of household things for example cleaning light or heavy.. Or sometimes I find online by searching how many calories burned and add the exercise myself good luck I'm ire your burning a lot! A fit bit would be perfect but I can't afford that lol
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I would just change your activity level to very active or whatever it is labeled on here and it will calculate that into your calorie goals.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I don't add my daily activity. Only extra on top of it.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    mommanan86 wrote: »
    i work as a cashier at our local grocer. I'm walking, bending and lifting during my shift. We don't have chairs or anything to sit on. Only during lunch or breaks are we able to sit. I'm wondering how I can log it as exercise? Maybe I'm just delusional but I get pretty tired when we are busy and can work up a sweat from time to time!

This should be logged as part of your daily activity - when you set up MFP, you are giving the option to select your daily activity level, sedentary, lightly active, etc. I believe active would be something like a waitress. You could try that although I would select the level down from that.
  • mommanan86
    mommanan86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I only work a few days a week. Other days I'm not as active. That's where I'm struggling.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    mommanan86 wrote: »
    I only work a few days a week. Other days I'm not as active. That's where I'm struggling.

Then choose lightly active. It should even out.
    And even if you are a bit more active, consider it a bonus. It won't be enough calories that it will cause you to be in a huge deficit.
  • mommanan86
    mommanan86 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ;) thanks