Wearable Trackers--need help to choose

Options
Hi! I'm a numbers kind of gal, and have been wanting a wearable tracker for about...um...9 months now. My main issue is that whatever I buy, it NEEDS to be a clipable one, due to my job. (I'm a massage therapist and need to keep my wrists and arms clear.) Up until now, the only real ravings or rants I've heard have been for the watch-style trackers.

I know that fitbit makes two of that style, but they are seriously expensive. Anybody have any experience with a misfit or a mood? Or any other ones?

Replies

• engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I just got the misfit - so far so good - can't give you a complete review yet but it seems to be doing what I wanted (steps, calories, sleep) and it was $16 on amazon ;) Give me a week or so and then I'll know for sure.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Look at the Jawbone Up Move. It can be used with a clip or a wristband - easy to change from one to the other. https://jawbone.com/store/buy/upmove
  • dirtytacos
    dirtytacos Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I got a misfit flash and clip it to my shoe or my bra strap and its pretty accurate. Haven't had any trouble yet but I've only had it a week. I don't bother with the watch part since the clip seems more durable and convenient. Best part it was only $15 on Amazon
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't have it personally, but I have heard some really GREAT things about the Misfit.
  • EleanorLynn1989
    EleanorLynn1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit but I'm switching to Garmin, I'll be getting the Vivofit 2. :]
  • EleanorLynn1989
    EleanorLynn1989 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm just mentioning that because the customer service with Fitbit is awful, so I'm forced to switch activity trackers, so it'd be terrible if you bought one and would have to waste all that money. I don't know if they make a clippable one in Garmin, but I hear it's supposed to be great.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I got the Misfit Flash
    And wear it on my shoe or ankle or wrist. You can choose it comes with a clip and wearable band.

It does about the same a Fitbit does is only much cheaper.
    Steps, daily calories, sleep, waterproof, it recognize when you exercise and you can adjust what you want to do or did.
    It is pretty accurate and i have it for quite some time now.
    Bought it because i wanted to log my swimming and walking. Which it does.
    You can add friends see your goals and the app is easy
    Syncing is very good. And almost always flawless working. Had just ones it didn't sync right.
    Customer service is also very good.

I even think of getting the Misfit Ray now ( kinda upgrading)

So yes happy here with my Misfit.

95069916.png
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I bought a fitbit charge hr 12 months ago. ....brilliant bit of kit for a data freak like me. .....,,I also can't wear mine on wrist at work as I work in a food factory. .......so I wear it round my ankle. ....works fine if not better as it counts steps and not arm movements too.........

The hr side still works fine also, I've done comparison tests on my treadmill also. ...

So I'd recommend any that tracks hr. ....If your buying one get a hr as that's the important data to capture imo. ...
  • Alex729
    Alex729 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to your Misfit friends list alex729
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One, I have worn it clipped to my bra for 2 years now, no issues. DH gas the same one and really likes his.