Hoping to make some great friends!

Options
Biodaemonium
Biodaemonium Posts: 28 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
I've been in mfp for a few years, on and off. I achieved a large weight loss of nearly 40 lbs a few years ago. However, I met the love of my life and gave up on trying to reach my goal weight to look buff and an athlete. On top of that, my depression has taken over my life, and after a hard year last year of being degraded to scum by my future father in law, I gave up trying to reach my goals. It was a hard toll to experience being brought down so low by a stranger I was happy to meet and possibly see as a father (I didn't have any parents the day I was born pretty much).

On top of that, months after, with depression getting worse despite that my boyfriend moved to where I was as retaliation to his father stating we weren't going to last, things took a worse turn just when I thought I was finally going to be happy and move out from my abusive alcoholic grandmothers place where I've been. I was diagnosed with diabetes at 23, same week I lost my child (a cat I raised since she was two weeks old, getting up every two hours to bottle feed her even though I had to get up really early in the morning to go to school. This happened when I was 19 and she was always my comfort and my light these five years. I've come to think she was my guardian keeping me at bay from suicide and just when I was going to leave the dark place I was in and be with my love, she made her choice to leave), and a day before I was going to move out. Then a week after, I got robbed at gun point at work, which a certain part of that would have been my demise but thanks to my own cool headed and clear thinking, I was able to avert it.

Now I'm settled in with my boyfriend, albeit with financial struggles typical for young couples. I've lost some weight due to the medicine for my diabetes and also cutting out a lot of junk and sugar. This year I gave myself the goal I must achieve. Weight loss is a part of it but my main goal is to be healthy again and fight this diabetes that's driving me further down into depression. I gave myself the goal to be happy again like I had been a few years ago when I lost so much weight. And now that I am no longer in a dark environment of mental abuse, alcohol, etc, I've chosen to build myself again. To create the rest of the mental shell I was deprived of as a child.

With all this, I truly wish to connect with people of similar goals: to beat diabetes, regain ones health and be happy. So if anyone wishes, feel free to add me and be friends and support each other. If anyone lives in Los Angeles, that would be even better.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy 2016!

Replies

• jazmynuluave
    jazmynuluave Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You have definitely over came some obstacles. I live in Utah but I just wanted to drop a few lines . I wish u well on ur journey ! :)
  • Biodaemonium
    Options
    You have definitely over came some obstacles. I live in Utah but I just wanted to drop a few lines . I wish u well on ur journey ! :)
    Thank you! I wish you the same as well. (:

• bigboomer2005
    bigboomer2005 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've been in mfp for a few years, on and off. I achieved a large weight loss of nearly 40 lbs a few years ago. However, I met the love of my life and gave up on trying to reach my goal weight to look buff and an athlete. On top of that, my depression has taken over my life, and after a hard year last year of being degraded to scum by my future father in law, I gave up trying to reach my goals. It was a hard toll to experience being brought down so low by a stranger I was happy to meet and possibly see as a father (I didn't have any parents the day I was born pretty much).

On top of that, months after, with depression getting worse despite that my boyfriend moved to where I was as retaliation to his father stating we weren't going to last, things took a worse turn just when I thought I was finally going to be happy and move out from my abusive alcoholic grandmothers place where I've been. I was diagnosed with diabetes at 23, same week I lost my child (a cat I raised since she was two weeks old, getting up every two hours to bottle feed her even though I had to get up really early in the morning to go to school. This happened when I was 19 and she was always my comfort and my light these five years. I've come to think she was my guardian keeping me at bay from suicide and just when I was going to leave the dark place I was in and be with my love, she made her choice to leave), and a day before I was going to move out. Then a week after, I got robbed at gun point at work, which a certain part of that would have been my demise but thanks to my own cool headed and clear thinking, I was able to avert it.

Now I'm settled in with my boyfriend, albeit with financial struggles typical for young couples. I've lost some weight due to the medicine for my diabetes and also cutting out a lot of junk and sugar. This year I gave myself the goal I must achieve. Weight loss is a part of it but my main goal is to be healthy again and fight this diabetes that's driving me further down into depression. I gave myself the goal to be happy again like I had been a few years ago when I lost so much weight. And now that I am no longer in a dark environment of mental abuse, alcohol, etc, I've chosen to build myself again. To create the rest of the mental shell I was deprived of as a child.

With all this, I truly wish to connect with people of similar goals: to beat diabetes, regain ones health and be happy. So if anyone wishes, feel free to add me and be friends and support each other. If anyone lives in Los Angeles, that would be even better.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthy 2016!

You been through a lot and this has made you stronger. I only wish the best for you in your journey. Sent friend request really want to see you make it to your goal.
  • blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Go you! You got this! You have already come so far, this will only be another stepping stone to the better you. Sending a friend request.
  • Biodaemonium
    Options
    blisser99 wrote: »
    Go you! You got this! You have already come so far, this will only be another stepping stone to the better you. Sending a friend request.

Thank you! Really appreciate the support! :smiley:

• Biodaemonium
    Options
    You been through a lot and this has made you stronger. I only wish the best for you in your journey. Sent friend request really want to see you make it to your goal.
    Once again, thank you!

• Biodaemonium
    Options
  • Biodaemonium
    Options
  • rlf6x2
    rlf6x2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request