Green tea

Options
Hello everyone...I'm trying to see how I'm supposed to intake the green tea?ive been told several different things but of course I want to use the method that will have the best results...if you have included it in your weight loss journey and it attributed to ur success please inform me of what I need to do to see results....thanks

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea daily. Because it is tasty. Unfortunately, aside from having some nice levels of antioxidants, nothing you've been told green tea will do is true. It's good for hydration, and a warm drink may make you less hungry, but the rest is bunk. Drink it if you life it, but don't expect it to do anything more than be a drink :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Green tea does nothing for weight loss, calorie deficit is where it's at.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it whenever and however you like. It won't do a thing for weight loss though.
  • iluv2jump221
    iluv2jump221 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I literally drink like 5 cups (mostly decaf) a day i love it so much. I love tea in general. Herbal too .
  • ise311
    ise311 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It won't reduce your weight. But if you decide to drink it, take the japanese green tea - plain.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I love it. My current favourite is green tea mixed with orange.
    Doesn't help with weight loss though except the fact you could replace higher calorie drinks with it.
    The only way to lose weight is to eat less calories than you burn. You can have an ice cream or biscuit etc and you will still lose weight.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I usually make plain green tea and then just add some fresh lemon slices.
    Sometimes I let it cool and drink cold throughout the day, sometimes I just drink it hot.
    It's really your preference.
  • mlinci
    mlinci Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    In itself it won't do anything for weight loss.

I love the taste of green tea, it's my favourite type of tea. I drank about five cups of it a day when I was obese, and I stil drink about five cups of it per day now that I'm merely overweight. But none of the change in weight was due to green tea, it was because I finally started counting calories and making sure I eat less than I burn.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I drink it everyday. It's great in summer, iced. It does not help weight loss though. For that you need a calorie deficit. :)