Replies

• bathmatt12345
    bathmatt12345 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I always look better in the mirror after a drink or two,
  • charbame
    charbame Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have never been able to drink just one glass of wine. How does anyone do this?

Use a BIG glass! LOL
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I love wine and enjoying exploring European wines with my husband so I fit the wine into my calories. Have started using a special wine glass - we used to call it my my PMS wineglass - used to use it for PMS days when my husband thought I needed a glass of wine - ha ha. Now I call it my MFP wine glass. I fill it once and know exactly how much wine I am drinking. Only once. (except when I don't, but I still log it) Working so far.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    charbame wrote: »
    I have never been able to drink just one glass of wine. How does anyone do this?

Use a BIG glass! LOL

Funny, but true. I have a 10 oz glass :)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    I'm still killing WAAAAY too much Scotch, but I'm down 12 pounds from my recent peak, 8 of that in the past 3 weeks.

+1 The Scotch Diet

heheheh

The first time round, 6 years ago, I dropped 60 pounds in 6 months. That was mostly Scotch, small paleo-ish meals, lots of water and sleep, and long, often hot, dogwalks.

Aha! "The Happy and Healthy Scotch Diet"

What made you fall off the wagon the first time?

• phsst
    phsst Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've joined the scotch crowds over the past year. More bang for your calorie-buck.

By the way, fellow scotch brethren, are you geared up for Robert Burns day on Jan. 25th?
  • andrewbadera
    andrewbadera Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    What made you fall off the wagon the first time?

I gained back 8-10 pounds initially; I went from working as an indie consultant and walking all the time, to working with a startup filled with young kids and big greasy pizzas. I also had health issues that put a damper on my activities for most of those 6 years, corrected with two surgeries last year. I also moved from upstate NY to outside Chicago in that time, and moving stress added on. I ended up as high as 35 up again, but that was pretty temporary. I dropped down to 25 up until recently. I'm now 10 up from that low point 6 years ago.
  • Last_mango_in_paradise
    Options
    charbame wrote: »

Use a BIG glass! LOL

One of my husbands employees got me this as a gag for Christmas. I haven't used it yet. YET.

clihydv893d6.jpg
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Best glass ever for a big thirst.

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I've lost just over 80 lbs over the last two years, while having drinks almost every weekend with hubby...I'm sure I could have lost more, faster...but...LIFE. <3

Exactly!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Alcohol has A LOT of empty calories, so if you are cutting nutritional calories to add wine that may not be a good thing health wise.. HOWEVER I too am a wine lover, used to drink daily, I had to cut it back to just the week-ends .. I like the sweet wines like sangria, so I just pour 1/2 glass of wine and fill the rest of the way with V8 splash or a diet soda, I still get my wine but cut the Calories. If you don't care for the super sweet try cutting it with maybe club soda. I have heard that beer is DEFINITELY off limits due to the carb and fat content. not sure about that I have never been much of a beer drinker.

beer does not have fat...beer tends to be more calorie dense than wine or spirits though. I drank beer while losing weight, just not as much as I did prior.
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am taking a break from drinking for the month of January. I usually have one glass of wine or a beer with dinner And sometimes another one later on. I way overindulged in December though. My activity level has stayed the same and I am Consuming the same number of calories because I swapped my booze for other treats. My weight has not gone up or down. Booze is empty calories and you'd be better off not having any. But as far as weight loss goes, it doesn't matter what you have as long as you are burning more than you consume!
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I drink wine, I drink beer, I'm still losing weight. I don't deprive myself of any nutritional needs and at the end of the day, I'm happy. All that matters. :)
  • JQuinnLife
    JQuinnLife Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Girl, I lost over 50lbs in college when I was partying like a mad woman. I would eat a bag of popcorn for dinner and use the rest of my calories on wine. You can adjust your calories to meet your needs.

When I think healthy weight loss, I think wine and popcorn...