C25K success stories please!! Evidence required!!!

Options
albali
albali Posts: 225 Member
Hi all.
Last week on here there were some amazing pics of before and after 30 day shred. I wondered if anyone had any major successes with the C25K they could share with me. I am on week 1 and loving it but would love to see any ones success with pics, or stats!
I'm hoping to tone up and slim down doing it. Did it work for you??
Thanks for everyone's great support on here!

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm on W8D3 currently. One week to go! I'm also doing ChaLEAN Extreme simultaneously so my results are from both. I have 1 more week of CLX phase 2 and then i'll have new pictures, but I do have 30 day pictures available.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MissAnjy

should be the 4th blog down titled "30 days of CLX & C25K = "
    the pictures are linked there.

Keep in mind, that was only 30 days. I've now almost completed 60 days and will be posting my next pictures on June 28th.
  • losinfat4good
    Options
    bump.. I'm just now starting it today
  • BrendaBlis
    BrendaBlis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Love it! Not sure I have proof, but I'm doing the program a second time and am going 1-1.5 mph faster than the first. My legs are in much better shape also, I hated my calves, now they're getting smaller. :drinker:
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    If you want evidence... just check out my page!!! I started ALL of my running with the C25K program last year! Check out my runs and run times over the past 14 or so months that I continue to update and post on my profile. This program is AWESOME!!!

I'm running a 15K in about 3 weeks! :)
  • fitnessGETZeasy
    fitnessGETZeasy Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I did the C25K about 4 years ago. I was 30 pounds heavier. I was a complete couch potato, had never done any kind of sports or worked out much prior to that. Between the running and starting portion control, I lost the 30 pounds in 3 months. That pushed me into trying other things. I ran some 5ks, started lifting weights, and now I take spin classes regularly. IT WORKS!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Bump

I am on week 7 with no proof, but I am running 25 minutes non stop, or jogging rather. I love to see success though!
  • stowesb
    stowesb Posts: 5
    Options
    Loce C25K lost a total of 35lbs and I have never ran a day in my life. I did 2 5k in under 30 min.
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You can view my profie pics and see evidence of a person who is very strong, confident, and happy! Nothing feels like pinning that race number on your shirt, running the full 5k, and crossing the finish line dripping in sweat. I LOVE IT! Just the feeling of setting a goal and achieving it is priceless! Good luck to you!
  • mom2bambam
    mom2bambam Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just started this program this week as well. I am 36 and have not run at all since my field hockey days in high school. I am excited to see the responses.
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    While not all of my running has been for C25K, nearly all of my exercise since starting MFP has been running. Some pics to show my progress:

This is me in 2006 (4 years before starting MFP). I don't know what my exact weight was, but I do know that it was AT LEAST 260 lbs.
    Summer2006.jpg

This is me at the beginning of October 2010 after my first 5K (4 1/2 months after starting MFP and doing C25K off and on). I was just under 200 lbs.
    October2010-1st5K.jpg

And finally, my most recent pic from June 1, 2011 just before heading out to do my sixth 5K and weighing in at 180 lbs.
    May2011-6th5K.jpg

It is important to note that while the weight loss is great, the best part about doing C25K (or any running) is the improvement in cardiovascular health. The old me (you know, the fat girl in the orange t-shirt up there!) never DREAMED that I would be a runner. That's right...I said it...I'M A RUNNER!!! The weight loss you will see from running is great, but I almost guarantee that if you get hooked on running, that aspect will quickly become secondary.

Best of luck to you!!!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I did C25K last summer, which ignited a love for running in me. I have now completed two 5ks, one 10k and have signed up for a half marathon. I was supposed to do another 10k but was sick. I'll probably find a 10k to do before my half marathon. I don't have before/after pics readily available, but I've lost about 40 lbs since last summer. My fitness ability has increased dramatically and I feel better than I ever have before.

In addition to running, I do other cardio at the gym - rowing, stairclimbing, etc., and weight training.
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try and do this...this is my first time attempting this. I had never run prior in my LIFE. I just couldn't do it. I am doing the 30 Day Shred and other Jillian Michaels DVD's and on February 13 2011, I started the Couch25K. I absolutely love running now (and want to do it everyday), and here are my progress pictures(hopefully) after having lost 56 pounds:

November 30th 2010:

November30th2010.jpg

Today, June 16th 2011:

june162011-165.jpg
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    My evidence isn't pics or weight loss, it's more personal, more important than that... I'm a freaking RUNNER and I love it! :bigsmile:

I started the C25k last June and was struggling so much that I repeated every week- some two or three times. I stuck with it and now I'm averaging 11:30/mile and running approximately 25 miles/week. I also just started training for my first half marathon.
  • albali
    Options
    Wow, Miss Anjy! I think that's amazing. I can really see a difference around the middle and under your bust! I am so inspired to do it!
  • albali
    Options
    I'm on W8D3 currently. One week to go! I'm also doing ChaLEAN Extreme simultaneously so my results are from both. I have 1 more week of CLX phase 2 and then i'll have new pictures, but I do have 30 day pictures available.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/MissAnjy

should be the 4th blog down titled "30 days of CLX & C25K = "
    the pictures are linked there.

Keep in mind, that was only 30 days. I've now almost completed 60 days and will be posting my next pictures on June 28th.

Yes I can totally see the difference! Well done! I am inspired. Thanks for sharing.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    bump
  • albali
    Options
    Thank you everyone for such great stories. I hope I become addicted to running!!!
  • corbansmom
    corbansmom Posts: 71
    Options
    Thank you for that affirmation! I have always liked how running feels, but have never trained for distance running until now...figure if I enjoy my runner's high and can achieve running goals, then the weight will eventually come off!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!