Win or Lose, Tight or Loose

Options
Not normally part of the grammar/spelling police but this one has been bothering me as I have seen it all over the boards the last two days. Proper usage of lose vs loose is in the title. Whew, I feel loads better! Thanks for allowing me to go ahead with my very long rant! ;)

Replies

• moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I KNOW! That bugs me more than anything. In fact, I believe that was my facebook status the other week :) Glad to see there are other people out there like me lol!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Oh you know what gets under my skin? When 'then' is used in place of 'than' and vice versa.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I noticed this myself while reading through posts! How funny :drinker:
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    i know what you mean, jellybean!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    funny you mention this because yesterday my cousin's idiot husband posted a music video you tube *he thinks he can rap* ...well anyways, his song was called "born to lose" but he spelled it loose, even on the beginning of the music video where he put the title up first he spelled it loose....i didnt say anything, i enjoy letting him look like a doofus.
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    OMG THANK YOU!! I thought I was the only one who knew how to spell on here!!! lol.
  • 5weeks
    5weeks Posts: 38
    Options
    Makes me very very angry every time I see loose in place of lose!:mad: :angry: :explode: :angry: :mad: :grumble:
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Well than I guess I will of loose some weight. :)
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Another one....their, there and they're!
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this...everytime I come on the boards I see the "lose" vs. "loose" thing and I cringe. Especially when someone is talking about their loss and they mention "loose" many times in one paragraph. I'm not trying to be insensitive but I get frustrated reading the paragraph after that.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Another one....their, there and they're!
    Argh! Amen!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    How about your and you're

or frank and hotdog, I really hate that one.
  • coquetona
    coquetona Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks everyone! Glad I'm not alone! There was a post yesturday where THEIR ;) was a paragraph about how the person wanted to "loose weight" and how long did it take you to "loose weight" and so on. THAN ;) I saw another post with the lose/loose mixup this morning and had to say something about it. haha

I also saw a note on a box at work yesturday that said "This supplies is not ours, send back."
  • carrieann58
    Options
    I know drives me crazy! I was at the grocery store the other day and someone had put up an advertisement for Herbal Life or somehting like that and it said "Do you want to LOOSE weight?" What a way to muster up business!!!:noway:
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    "I can't seem to loose weight!" I know me neither. I just seem to be able to lose it, but never loose it.
  • carrieann58
    Options
    One day on our work supply order I saw Vanilla Envelopes..... HAHA
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Another one for the list: its VS it's

Its = posessive of it

It's = contraction of it is
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    One day on our work supply order I saw Vanilla Envelopes..... HAHA

mmmmmm ... vanilla envelopes! I had to give those up. :laugh:
  • Daffydilly
    Daffydilly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Me too! Thanks for putting it out there.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You know what I can't stand?? The spelling police!
    Why do you really care, if you understand what they are saying or askign what do you really care if someone has spelt something wrong? I say get a life!!