New to group from Michigan

Options
My name is Syd. I'm 51. I'm feeling a realistic goal is 10 lbs...although 20 might make me feel sexy again. I'm a secret eater...tend to do the right thing in public...and then hit a drive thru or candy jar. I'm good at "only today." Talks in my head. Goal is 10k steps minimum per day...will achieve by parking the farthest out at work...using stairs instead of elevator...drinking water instead of my tea fixation, logging my intake of all that passes my lips. I'm great at coaching others...need to listen to my own advice...walk the talk. My husband is a workout-aholic...makes me want to sit down more...need to change my mindset...time to be all about me. Thanks for a space to right this out!

Replies

• jodi3357
    jodi3357 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Michigan here!
    been "dieting" now for 90+ days. Started out by cutting sugar,dairy, gluten, caffeine. Added by a bit of dairy and green tea. Feel much better.
    5'0 47 yrs old. Looking to get to 100-110. Add me if you like to.
  • SyndeeSue
    SyndeeSue Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    How do I add you????
  • Jburlen2007
    Jburlen2007 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Those are great ways to start Syd!

I love parking way back in lots, just to get more steps...and easier to park my truck :P
  • SyndeeSue
    Options
    Every step counts, right? Now I need to put into action!!!!
    What other ideas do you have?
  • SyndeeSue
    Options
    So this morning with Jodi's ideas...good bye sugar and gluten! My caffeinated tea may be a week or so.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Morning Syd, Michigan here too, I'm 46, lost 30 before joining mfp, roughly 20ish since joining, have had a lot of struggle with the secret eating too. I need to lose another 15 ish to be at high end of goal.
    Feel free to add. Wishing you a great day.
  • SyndeeSue
    Options
    Hi Laura! Congrats! That is awesome to hear! I'm not sure how to "add." Is that a reply or creating a group?
    I'm wishing you a great day too!!!
  • SyndeeSue
    Options
    So, what is one goal we have for today?
    Mine is I have to go to a family baby shower...I'm only partaking in fruit, veggies and water...I hope they have some.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    SyndeeSue wrote: »
    Hi Laura! Congrats! That is awesome to hear! I'm not sure how to "add." Is that a reply or creating a group?
    I'm wishing you a great day too!!!

If you click on my name it gives you a friend request option, I'll send you one
  • jodi3357
    Options
    Not sure how to add you. When I click on your name it says I can send you a message.....
    Anyways, today is lunch with my daughter in law, at a restaurant. Probably going to have an dry veggie omellete no toast no hash browns. wish my luck.
  • SyndeeSue
    Options
    Hello Jodi! I hope you had a great time with your daughter in law!

Laura, I will check out the name thing and see if I can string us all together.
  • jodi3357
    Options
    Like I said, I had a veggie omellete no toast no hash browns and water. Then came the birthday cake.. small slice. Ate it in 10 seconds flat lol. Dinner will be water and steamed veggies.

• SyndeeSue
    Options
    I need to be more intentional...you are doing so good. It's Monday...time for commitment.