mfp fitbit and first half marathon!

Options
Signed up for my first half in April! If you have or is working on a half please add me! Im excited and nervous and any help is much appreciated!!!

Replies

• cindy326
    cindy326 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am doing my First half on Feb 7th. Im nervous but I've read thats normal. I am currently at a 14:00-14:30 average pace and im happy with that. I am a ex-smoker of 3 years and have lost 50lbs (keeping it off) since October 2014. I also signed up for a 1000 miles in a year challenge so i need some fitbit friends to help me stay motivated. :) add me at ydnicl326@yahoo.com
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    You ladies are awesome - I do not have the courage to do a 1/2 marathon - I think I'm too chicken! YAY for you both!
  • MichelleB69
    MichelleB69 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I completed my first 2 halfs last June and am running the Yellowstone Half again this June. I finished in 2:10 for the Deadwood Half and 2:24 for the Yellowstone (they were 6 days apart and the Yellowstone is a trail run) I'm also doing a 1000 mi/year challenge this year and am struggling with jumping back on my training schedule as I basically quit running for 6 months after completing the Yellowstone. I'm mad at myself, since I'm basically starting all over again and I need to get over my guilt if I want to move forward. You can add me as well...we can support each other through this & I'd love to follow your journey and hear all about your experience. April isn't far away!!