Unusual NSV's

Options
tinab190
tinab190 Posts: 110 Member
Here's mine. I have yoga pants that have some "pilling" on the outer thighs. That's because when I first started using my recumbent bike, my butt was big enough that my outer thighs rubbed against the hand grips.

Last night I was on my bike, and I noticed that not only didn't my outer thighs go out that far anymore, but I could put my whole hand between the seat and the hand grip.

That's a big one for me!

Replies

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Mine is a weird one. Before I started, I could not move or roll around comfortably under my single-sized duvet because I would expose myself to the cold with the slightest movement. Now I can freely change my sleeping position with room to spare.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Most people would consider running a marathon or even at the very least, a mile; a NSV. However mine was being able to run to my apartment, from my mailbox. I am guessing that that's approximately 500 feet. I'm hoping that by April 1st (my birthday), to be able to run to my local produce store; which is only a 1/2 mile away.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I had to move the car seat closer to the steering wheel because my butt is so much smaller that I was having a hard time reaching!
  • shanna7787
    shanna7787 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had to move the car seat closer to the steering wheel because my butt is so much smaller that I was having a hard time reaching!

Mine is similar. Although I have not moved the seat closer, I have noticed that when I step on the breaks my belly doesn't touch the steering wheel like it used to just 20 pounds ago.
  • tinab190
    Options
    These are ALL great!!!!! It's the small moments where it's just you noticing something in your daily life and what a difference it makes!!!!
  • mgodfrey0202
    mgodfrey0202 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You guys are all so awesome!! I had that moment of realization, when I was doing a side stretch while sitting, that fat around my waist was folding less so that I could bend farther. Haha.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    shanna7787 wrote: »

Mine is similar. Although I have not moved the seat closer, I have noticed that when I step on the breaks my belly doesn't touch the steering wheel like it used to just 20 pounds ago.

This is an awesome one!

• ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've only been poppering my coat to fasten it as doing the zip was a little too tight and I didn't want to bust it.. Anyway, as I bent down on Friday to pick up a bag, my tummy didn't force the coat to un- pop!!
  • mgodfrey0202
    mgodfrey0202 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ldowdesw wrote: »
    I've only been poppering my coat to fasten it as doing the zip was a little too tight and I didn't want to bust it.. Anyway, as I bent down on Friday to pick up a bag, my tummy didn't force the coat to un- pop!!

Oh my, this! ^^^ I used to be afraid of my coat/jacket shoulder getting ripped whenever I bent over to pick up something or over-stretched my arm to pick something up in the backseat in the car.
  • caperchick78
    caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    These are all so great, and I can relate to some! Mine is feeling less like "Dino" from the Flinstones when I drive my car lol. I always felt so "tall" in the seat compared to my front-seat passenger because my head was so close to the roof. Now that my butt is substantially smaller, I feel much shorter in my car :)
  • tinab190
    Options
    ldowdesw wrote: »

So great! And I totally understand. There have been winters where my winter coat just did not close. Or fit at all. And I just pretended that I didn't feel like zipping it even though I was FREEZING. This year I can CLOSE my coat.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I can fit in my toddler's child sized recliner. Totally doesn't matter, and I don't think I would ever choose to actually sit there. But I'm still excited.
  • Mavrick_RN
    Mavrick_RN Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I can fit in my toddler's child sized recliner. Totally doesn't matter, and I don't think I would ever choose to actually sit there. But I'm still excited.

Wow! What a great before/after pic. Same posture, same angle and you look ravishing! Hope you feel as good as you look.

You probably don't do much reclining but now you have a chair if you did.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!