Stronger Better Faster...Jan 11th

Options
Best of luck to you Bobbie - hope you find a job you enjoy.

Yesterday, I did 40 minutes on the cybex, 20 minutes on elliptical, and took a yoga class. Wasn't that impressed with the yoga class. Why is it they are almost always "softly lit"? I can understand that for restorative yoga, but I don't go to yoga class to feel sleepy. I always threaten to start a "bright & cool" yoga style.

Today, I will walk & the hotel has a gym - so hopefully I will use it.

Happy Workouts!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you Bobbie - hope you find a job you enjoy.

Yesterday, I did 40 minutes on the cybex, 20 minutes on elliptical, and took a yoga class. Wasn't that impressed with the yoga class. Why is it they are almost always "softly lit"? I can understand that for restorative yoga, but I don't go to yoga class to feel sleepy. I always threaten to start a "bright & cool" yoga style.

Today, I will walk & the hotel has a gym - so hopefully I will use it.

Happy Workouts!

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I would go to "bright and cool" yoga! I hate what I call the "plinky plonky music yoga". . .where there's some music that's supposed to be relaxing, and near darkness, yet the poses are really vigourous. If we were on the mat in pigeon and happy baby and savasana the whole time. . .that would make sense. But, for most postures, I need to be awake to do them.

To that, I'm hoping to make it to bright and hot yoga later today. I confess that my free time over the past few days has been spent sleeping. I'm worried I'm sinking into depression (or maybe legitimate exhaustion) with the stress/uncertainty/conflicting emotions of this whole labour dispute. I've managed to get a little more organized and limit my time physically at the office, but other than that. . .it follows me home.

I'm trying lately to take a quiet moment everyday and ask myself "what is the best self-care for me right now?" Yesterday it was doing laundry (I haven't in over a week. . .and I don't own many clothes) and sleeping. So, that's what I did. After I get back from church this a.m., I'm meditating and asking myself the same question. . .so it might be "go to yoga" and it might be "go to bed."

When I took four days off at the holidays, I thought my new goals were too easy, so I'm confident that when I return to normalcy, they'll be easily accomplished. . .but now might not be the time. sigh.

Anyways. . .
    take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Oops. Looks like we have two posts going for today! Let's stay on this one. I've already posted, but you can take a look and then just come back to this one, if you want.

Have a great day!

Bobbie
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I'm up in the air today. Part of me feels really great and like I want to accomplish the world and part of me (mostly my throat and sinuses) wants to forget about everything!

I think I'm going to shoot for the moon and I'll be happy if I get half my list done:
    Clean the living room (actually it's mostly my husband's stuff he needs to put away!)
    Do a couple loads of laundry.
    Write 5 papers (they are only 1 page each and no research) - the only one I HAVE to do today!
    Go to the gym and get 10 miles in for the Walk Out of Iraq Challenge

Oh...So I'm doing this Walk Out Of Iraq Challenge - 430 miles from Baghdad to Kuwait and it started Friday. Well I'm 12.6 miles into it so far. Two other girls are only 3.5 miles (which for them is great!) but one is hinting that she really wants to work out with me. *if* I workout with someone I'll push myself harder...but not for as long. I give up when they give up. So instead of 45 mins on the bike I'll probably only do 30 or so. So now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place of being nice (which these girls aren't my favorite people anyways) and really getting the workout I want! :grumble:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Bobbie, you never know what can happen. And keep in mind that what may be a pay cut can have more than offsetting benefits! Every institution I have been at provides free classes for you (most times spouse & children too!) Look into programs of interest and use them as bargaining points for your salary/benefits! The cost of education is only going to continue to rise, so put yourself ahead of the game :flowerforyou:

Only did 4 miles on gazelle. Might do another bout tonight. Friends called and invited us over for spaghetti dinner; tons of carbs (yummy) and he's got a couple pounds of crab legs (MY FAVORITE) if there was a little drooling icon, there would be about twenty of them here! :laugh: So, no bets on my cals today.

Here's to a new week and fresh start on any overlooked goals! :drinker:
    Arianne :happy:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Bobbie, I'm sorry about your job - but I think it's awesome that you're looking at options at a university! That might be a really great opportunity for you.

Arianne - thanks for the encouragement on my project. My date is technically tentative at this point - I'll be checking in with my advisor the week before, and THEN he'll let me know if I'm not actually ready. :wink:

Enjoy the rest of your trip, Mary. MM & Viv & Karen & Renae (and sorry if I forgot someone) - take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yea, one more day of eating better and more exercise! I snowshoed for about 35 minutes with hubby, daughter and daughter's significant other. Took a small break and then my daughter and I went sliding with her dog running along side to keep things interesting. He stole my mitten at one point. That was about 20 minutes so I got lots of fresh air and fun exercise. The down side is I had a magarita so it probably ate up all those extra calories. LOL But it was fun and I really needed that.
    Glad to hear everyone is have a good weekend. Bobbi, good luck with the job, it would be exciting to do something new don't you think? CPoo5E, I wish you luck on your project. I really don't know what you do, are you a graduate student? Renae have a good week, all the rest of you too, I know I am missing a few of you. :flowerforyou: