No "Umph" Today

Options
I have absolutely no motivation today. Yesterday was rough for me (professionally and therefore personally), and I honestly don't think I got much more than four hours of sleep. I skipped my morning walk with my dog, and now I feel like I'm giving up on myself. I know I can go later or walk twice tomorrow. I just want to make sure I get back into this time and not give up like I have in the past.

Replies

• mommyoftwins05
    mommyoftwins05 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    you can do it!!!
  • thoughtfulnest
    thoughtfulnest Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me too, feeling gross and over tired today and have to muddle through caring for my two little boys just the same. Just started my monthly and have a nasty head cold. Do not feel like working out. I will just have to track everything I eat & make careful choices so I don't run out of calories later in the day...Good luck. You can do it. Missing a workout here and there doesn't have to hinder progress, it's just a matter of learning how to balance out your food for those days. Take a rest and enjoy a little downtime with a book or a cuddle with your dog. We all need time to reflect, make sure you choose to do so positively. How will you turn your rough day into something positive to move forward with? Good luck.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Oh please, don't give up! Forget about yesterday, you can't change it. Focus on today and take it hour by hour or minute by minute if you have to, just don't give up! You are 100% worth it :flowerforyou:
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    That was me yesterday. Today I feel much better and ready to go at it again. Just do what you can and know it will be better. Just knowing that the way you feel today is not "normal" for you is a big change from feeling like that all the time, not realizing anything was ever wrong. Hope that makes sense.
  • jmbpulido
    jmbpulido Posts: 3
    Options
    DONT GIVE UP!! i gave up for almost a month and now have +2lbs to show for it. granted i was sick my son was sick and i was sick again during that month but that doesnt mean i needed to shove everything thing yummy and deliciouse in my mouth for that whole month either. good news is, im back on track my head is in the game again. one day wont hurt you. dont let it turn into a month. enjoy your day off. pick it right back up tomorrow. we all get in the dumps sometimes. good luck to ya.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    We all have rough days, so don't beat yourself up over it. Realize that some things in life are beyond your control, but your attitude is not. You can make good choices and move past this. Just think of how many good choices you have already made. Remember to be gentle with yourself. How would you advise a friend who is feeling like you do now? :)

Hope you are feeling better soon.
  • skinnyrache
    skinnyrache Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Had to pick up my parents at the airport last night and had to be at a work conference early early this morning! Running on 4.5 hours of sleep and not sure how on earth I will find the energy for a workout tonight. Sometimes I think it is ok to give yourself a break. Don't go on a bender and inhale every fattening, sugary food you see, of course! But if we need to rest instead of workout for a night that is ok! Better to feel good and stay healthy rather than beat ourselves up for things that are outside of our control. Good luck! We'll get back on track tomorrow!
  • mok33
    mok33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't function well the day after a bad/short sleep... seems to throw me off track all the time.... but I do find if I 'move it' I feel the better for it.....
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I went shopping with my mom this afternoon. :) The pace was quite a bit slower than my usual walks, but I still got my 12000 steps in before 7 P.M.! I guess I took a lot of steps walking back & forth debating whether to buy a new lunch bag at Vera Bradley (I did), some yummy goodies at Trader Joe's, and some delicious JavaVana Mate tea at Teavana. I feel better already, but I will definitely be going to bed early tonight.