5'6" 255ish pounds calorie goals?

Options
I'm getting myself worked up over calories again. I lost well in 2012, but my goals were around 1200. Then I got caught up in the calories and weight (can't lose on 1200- despite the fact that I was having great losses.)
Jillian Michaels says 1200 is okay & doesn't mention accounting for current weight for an obese person.
Eat more to lose weight and news rules of lifting for women state eating more and TDEE's, blah blah blah....

I'm drowning in info-

Tell me something good- friend me if we have the same stats (or you use to) and you're having great progress. I would love to see diaries. I am using my past diary as a guide of sorts.

Bottom line- are you using the MFP goals? Or setting your own?

Replies

• anitac0126
    anitac0126 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    8fvee8tth9t7.jpeg

Thfr4m2vzy4un9.jpeg
    Those are progress photos from my journey in 2012-2014
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    When I set my goal (& I was older than you look like you are), I looked up my healthy BMI range. Before anyone starts in, I'm aware it's not foolproof, not best way to measure weight/body fat range, etc etc etc. But it gave me an idea of a weight range. I set the upper weight (BMI 25) as my long range goal, & then worked on smaller, achievable increments, like 10 lbs, 5 lbs. once I reached my BMI 25 weight, I decided if I was happy there, I actually feel better around 22 BMI. But the increments helped to keep me motivated & gave me plenty of milestones to hit, with victories along the way. Might help you, might not, but maybe you could think about it. Good luck!