150+ lbs to lose and need motivation

Options
Hello all. I am looking for friends with similar goals as myself. I have over 150 lbs to lose and any little help is much appreciated. I started for the new year and have lost 12.6 lbs far. I currently weigh 326.2 lbs. I am a 36 year old mother of 3 and have been obese my entire life. Ive done so many different fads and diets but the only one that has worked for me in the past is healthy eating and exercising. In 2013 I was able to lose over 70 lbs but fell of the horse when my mother passed away. Since that I had my 3rd child and I managed to eat myself back to my highest weight. I am now ready to start again. I've done it before and I WILL do it again.

please feel free to add me.

Replies

• Ogopogo
    Ogopogo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the journey - I am happy to be a friend as I have 120 to lose. Let's get this done!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    thank you so much for adding me. We've got this!!
  • MrsB65
    MrsB65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've now lost 105 pounds and have about 67 to go. I am a 43 year old Mama of a 2 1/2 year old. I started at 345 lbs on March 23, 2015. I too have been obese all of my life. 10 years ago I lost 175 pounds on WW then I met my now husband and gained it all back. This time I've only been using MFP.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    That is an amazing loss and even though you gained back the weight you have shown that you have the strength and will to continue your journey. A 175 lb loss is huge and now you've lost 105 again! Wow! well done!
  • syntheticstar
    syntheticstar Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started at 320 in July, with 145lbs total to lose.
    I've lost 86lbs of that so far. Only 59 to go!

You've got this! :)
  • neuhoffp
    neuhoffp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also have 140 lbs to lose and would love the additional support! I'm 26 and have been steadily gaining 10-15 lbs each year since I was 18. I really want to start a family with my husband who is skinny but I need to lose the weight prior to a pregnancy for medical reasons. Since the first of the year, I've lost 8.2 lbs but I need to keep going. I'll join you in your journey as well!
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Thanks for all the adds everyone this has just been great I didn't expect such a response! You are all doing so well such huge losses and those just starting with me we will join them real soon! You are all great!
  • MidnightRadio
    MidnightRadio Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and have about 130 to lose. Would also love some friends on here with similar goals. :smile:
  • taryninoly
    taryninoly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! I have about 125 more to lose... feels overwhelming when I think of it in one big chunk! I've decided that I need to not take it by pounds but look at it like what am I going to do TODAY to be healthy and go from there... so far that is working :)
  • KnordRW
    KnordRW Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 42 and when I started in September I was 355 and I had an initial goal of losing 180 total lbs by September 2017. So far I've lost 65 and I'm below 300 for the first time in 10 years. I've done many cycles of the weight loss thing, but this one I think might be the one that sticks, in large part because of the support of my MFP family. The community here is incredible, and I've met some really incredible people here. I'd love for you and any others to add me, I love the support and I love giving support even more. Together we can do this!
  • TheLittleRedHairedGirl
    Options
    Hi! My highest weight was 323, I'm now 284 and have 119 lbs. to go. I'm happy to give encouragement and help, feel free to add me. We got this!
  • abstew04
    abstew04 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like. I have 140 to lose myself. Always looking for people with the same goal! Good Luck!
  • MrsB65
    Options
    MrsB65 wrote: »
    I've now lost 105 pounds and have about 67 to go. I am a 43 year old Mama of a 2 1/2 year old. I started at 345 lbs on March 23, 2015. I too have been obese all of my life. 10 years ago I lost 175 pounds on WW then I met my now husband and gained it all back. This time I've only been using MFP.

Just wanted to add...... Feel free to add me. I like having friends with the same goals
  • MrsB65
    Options
    That is an amazing loss and even though you gained back the weight you have shown that you have the strength and will to continue your journey. A 175 lb loss is huge and now you've lost 105 again! Wow! well done!

Thank you.! That's very nice if you to say. We've got this!
  • Macbeau257
    Macbeau257 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    neuhoffp wrote: »
    I also have 140 lbs to lose and would love the additional support! I'm 26 and have been steadily gaining 10-15 lbs each year since I was 18. I really want to start a family with my husband who is skinny but I need to lose the weight prior to a pregnancy for medical reasons. Since the first of the year, I've lost 8.2 lbs but I need to keep going. I'll join you in your journey as well!

This is exactly me!!! I have the same to lose for the same reasons!!!!
  • Suzanne_Pmonkey
    Suzanne_Pmonkey Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    37 year old mother of 2 with around 130 to lose here. Nice to know we're not alone.
  • CampLondon
    CampLondon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    LEAN, MEAN, POP PILATES MACHINE. – Kiersten D’nae Turpin
    Read more at http://www.blogilates.com/blog/2012/05/11/my-top-motivational-fitness-quotes/#OmvX3rxI2C7tY7OX.99
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    You can do it...one day, one pound, one step at a time. Check out this forum here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-100-pounds-with-no-surgery

l05yae1lb7r2.png
  • gallegos2522
    gallegos2522 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello all I also have about 150 lbs to lose. I would love anyone to add me because I need all the support I can get also. Would love to add you but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. I'm new to this app. Good luck to everyone. By this time next year we'll all be much healthier.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    I think I've added everyone on here but if I didn't please feel free to add me. I've had so many friends request its been great. So many people on similar journeys ready to keep each of us motivated. Thanks to all!