No weight loss yet! Why??

Options
Hi guys, I have been logging on for a week but calorie counting 2 weeks, exercising at least 4 times a week. I know muscle weighs the same as fat, I've lost no weight maybe 1b. But I haven't noticed any difference in my body, I'm still chunky and bloated. My fitness pal says I nee to do 1,300 cals per day. Anyone in five same position or can help me please?

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't really long enough, especially as you've just started working out too. You will likely be retaining water for muscle repair and it could be coinciding with water retention from your time of the month or natural fluctuations. You need to assess progress at 6-8 weeks.

Aside from that, make sure your logging is tight, weigh solids, measure liquids for the best accuracy. Take body measurements too as another way to track progress, don't rely on the scale. Just stick with it.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Is the exercise new? New exercise routines often come with a fair amount of fluid being sent to those sore muscles to help cushion and repair them. This can mask the fat loss that's still happening for a couple of weeks until your body gets used to it.

A couple of good posts you might find useful:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10084670/it-is-unlikely-that-you-will-lose-weight-consistently-i-e-weight-loss-is-not-linear

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10196160/scale-stress-syndrome/p1
  • rachy2808
    rachy2808 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you, yes I haven't exercised since November was quite fit then but nothing since. Do you think 1,300 is enough and to just stick with it and drink plenty water?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I've lost no weight maybe 1b.
    So which is it? No weight or 1lb? Because in just a week or even 2 one pound is a great rate of loss and nothing to be upset about. Every pound adds up, you're not going to lose all your weight in a week. Patience my dear....

• rachy2808
    Options
    udjh1bemmd05.jpg

Thanks this is a really good flow chart to follow!
  • umauma2011
    umauma2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have been very strick with my exercises and counting calories in 98 days i have lost 1lb. I suck at this, but i do keep trying .
  • rachy2808
    Options
    Has your body changed shape at all then? The way your clothes fit etc.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Muscle is heavier for the same volume of Fat. So you can gain muscle and lose fat, and have zero weight loss overall. :) That's why you need a scale that measures your percent of Bodyfat. That's what you want to see go down, NOT your weight.