Conquer the Stairs

Options
Hey peeps! So I want to challenge everyone on MFP to walk up the stairs whenever possible. At school and work there are elevators that are very accessible but I think by taking the stairs it will increase my weight loss goals and better help my health. But I don't want to do it alone. Post your thoughts and comment on your challenge with the stairs. Together we can go from panting to standing strong at the top!

Replies

• liquidjem
    liquidjem Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    In order to get to my office every day, I have to go up the stairs....There are only like 12 or so, I don't think I ever really counted them, but I must go up and down them at least 5 times *and most days a lot more!* so I am with you on using the stairs, there is no elevator for me.
  • jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    That's the kind of thing I like to do. I also will park further out in the parking lot just to get some more steps in.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My general rule is if it's 10 flights or less, I take the stairs. I stick to this 99% of the time. I can now run up 5 without stopping. If I walk the 5 (which is the floor I work on) I no longer sound like I'm dying when I walk out into the hall.
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Yay stairs! I've got three art classes when school starts up again...all upstairs.
    I'm with you.
  • partylaughlove
    Options
    Okay so today is the 4th day that I have taken the stairs and it is really getting better. I'm a little out of practice but soon I will be sprinting up those three flights. Hope everyone is successful in their conquering of stairs.