Wii Fit weigh-in consistency

Options
Does anyone have trouble with the Wii Fit giving inaccurate weight results? One day it'll tell me I'm down 10 pounds, and three days later it'll tell me I gained 7 of those back, when I've done nothing to deserve that. I'm leery of recording those results here because they don't seem right.

Replies

• fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    replaced the atteries lately?

Also, are you weighing on carpet (are you using the feet that came with the board for carpet?

I use mine to weigh in but I only weigh in once a week...not daily. I also do not deduct for clothing...I leave that at zero but wear the same thing whenever I weigh.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I double check my weight on the Wii Fit during weigh in days and it's pretty consistent. They never measure the same (Wii Fit is about a lb lighter because it takes off 2lbs for clothing) but they stay about the same distance apart. It may have to do with the surface you use. Make sure it's always in the same spot (carpet or hardwood). And if it's on carpet make sure the extenders are on
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    Make sure the foot board is on a flat, level surface...NO CARPET!
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    I suggest using a scale and weighing yourself right away in the morning before you have had anything to eat or drink and after you have used the restroom and without clothing to get the the most accurate weight for comparison.
  • Jenksb
    Jenksb Posts: 7
    Options
    Yeah i wouldn't trust those either. It does the same thing and it puts in the same thing on my little sister who is only 11.... one day she will be 80 pounds and the next it will say 63. So i would stick to a regular scale you can trust. Some days it is right...but not every day.
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Also..do you store the board flat or do you lean it up when not in use? It must be stored level and flat or the calibration gets "off".
  • ashley_jorah
    ashley_jorah Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The accuracy on mine goes crazy when the battery is low. I can change 20lbs.
  • Kayamooh
    Kayamooh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I weight with a wii fit, but only once a week, with it in the exact same place every time. My results seem fairly consistent.

Edit - also I store mine vertical
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I have also wondered bout the wii fit scales, i don't use mine 4 weekly weigh ins, stick with my normal scales - i have found that i was up and down all the time. good luck
  • jlcrose
    jlcrose Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks for all the help. I think I'll go buy a real scale!
  • BlondieZee
    BlondieZee Posts: 16
    Options
    Wow... It is really weird that you posted this because I have been wondering the same thing this morning. I use my wii fit scale as my main source for weight measurements, and the same thing happens to me! After some online research I have found that many people say if you use it on carpet that it will give you somewhat inaccurate results... I only have an option of using it on carpet, but it is really short and flat, so I don't know if that is what is giving me incorrect results... Also, I work at a veterinary clinic and weigh myself on the a large canine scale, and according to that one I have MAYBE lost 2 lbs, where as the wii fit says I have lost 3.9 lbs.. I don't know which to believe, but the wii scale is supposed to be really accurate when used on a flat surface. I hope I helped you somewhat.... although I guess I didn't answer your questions.. :ohwell:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Mine is used in the same place every time, stored flat on a level surface and re-charged daily. It has never come close to my real weight. It is anywhere from 16 to 40 pounds off. I can weigh myself within minutes and have a 40 pound swing in weight. Don't trust it.
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I use the wii fit for weighing. It's pretty consistent but I do make sure it's in the same place and I'm basically weighing in the same clothes. Seems to be pretty accurate and I like the graph that it gives you. It has really helped me to see patterns in weight loss and allowed me to accept the way by body loses weight - in a zig zag pattern. I have another scale but it's a dial scale - the weight on that is consistent with the wii.
  • TiffyBear415_xx
    Options
    I've been weighing on my wii on carpet but without the leg things cuz I lost them :( Crap now I'm scared I didnt really lose those 2 and a half pounds!