Losing weight but havent lost any inches off my hips!!

Options
Ugh I hate my hips. I've lost some weight by I haven't lost any inches off my hips and but! It's 41 inches, 40.5 at a push. I work out a lot and am eating right and have lost some weight but nothing off my hips and butt! I consider 41 inches to be a lot especially as my body fat % is normal and I'm tall and proportionate. Could it be my body shape? I think I'm an hourglass. How do I get rid of the hips and is 41 inches a lot? I'm a UK size 12 but sometimes I struggle with finding trousers that fit well. Some size 12 trousers fit or are loose, but some are tight! I have long legs and my thighs aren't large, so i don't get why i have such big hips!

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Fat comes off from where it wants not where you want it to. Keep doing what you are doing and it will eventually come off from your problem areas
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Fat comes off from where it wants not where you want it to. Keep doing what you are doing and it will eventually come off from your problem areas

This. I have the same issue with my arms. All you can do is keep doing what you're doing.

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

#truth
  • Khatastrophic
    Khatastrophic Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Exactly. I lost 130lbs, and it wasn't until the last 40 that my hips and thighs finally got with the program. Just trust the process and be patient

• youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I always thought my trouble spot was my belly. I am at the same stage as you right now though. 8 lbs from goal and have finally lost a few inches from the hips 45-41 in the last 15lbs. Not sure how much smaller they will go. Hopefully recomping after I hit goal and I know that will be a slow process. I am not minding the work though so I will just eat my extra cals to fuel the heavy lifting that will come!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". I had 44 inch hips. 44. inch. hips.

I got down to 37 which is tiny for me. Calorie deficit and patience. I'm back up to 38.5 though because I like booty.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I will come off eventually - trust me, it was the last place it came off of for me. I just had to keep losing weight (unfortunately).
  • emma_vdv
    emma_vdv Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    With me hips and thighs are the last to sacrifice their fat, finally after 1 year I've lost 1.5 inches off my hips. It'll happen if you stick with it.
  • fitnessqueen91
    fitnessqueen91 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'll keep at it :).
  • bindwado
    bindwado Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm much the same, I'm 5"7' 42 hip and 29 waist. In my 20's I had 24 waist with 36 hip and looking back I was too skinny I think. I'd be happy now about half way in between!
    Personally I find diet makes more noticeable changes on my tummy and muffin top whereas excercises like burpees, weighted sqats and lunges reduces thigh butt and hip area, I always thought my tummy was the problem area but cutting out chocolate and wine seems to he helping, a lot!