PMS Bloating

Options
Who else gets severe bloating before our beloved time of the month....I was seeing if anyone had any tips?? Also my weight fluctuates so much it's hard to keep an consistant weight loss. I always wondered on any weight loss shows...how is it fair when women bloat during their periods if they have a weigh in and its that time thats probably why it won't show any weight loss or even gained a couple pounds. Like right now I'm sticking to and exercise but it's PMS time and I actually show I gained 2lbs. 8^(.

Replies

• halzuzu
    halzuzu Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm there right now. TOM at any moment and I am sooooooooooo bloated I wouldnt even dream of putting on my skinny jeans or weighing for that matter. I just pulled on the stretchy tights and baggy top this morning to cover it up. Our bodies naturally retain water during that time of the month, but drinking more water actually helps to flush the excess out. I also take something like Pamprin or Midol which also helps with the bloating, cramping, headaches, etc. Just ride it out. I'm sure your weight will stabalize afterwards. I myself stay far away from the scale and measuring tape (and chocolate!) during my time.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    HOT LEMON WATER!! Honest to god it's been a mircle cure for me, if I drink about 3 mugs a day while I"m on my period I literally don't gain a pound, where as I would normally gain 4 during that time!
  • Cletc
    Cletc Posts: 352
    Options
    HOT LEMON WATER!!

I drink this all day all the time.
    Gave up coffee but still like the Hot Mug.

I bloat like crazy still.

But it's worth a try if it does help!!
  • Louiselesley
    Louiselesley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    What is absolutely brilliant though is weighing yourself after and loosing like 3lb in a day haha!

I just got over a really, really rough period and OMG! PAIN! CHOCOLATE! HOT WATER BOTTLES!! My life the last few days!!
  • juliejuhu
    juliejuhu Posts: 4
    Options
    Thats exactly what I do got the stretchy pants on right now lol.
  • juliejuhu
    Options
    Oh god Louise isn't it tho...I get all excited and like to weigh myself a whole lot during that time lol.
  • juliejuhu
    Options
    I've never tried the lemon hot water... but today I started with hot green tea gonna see how it works for me.
  • sladyesq
    sladyesq Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm dealing with this now. Besides the fact that I'm craving sweets, I had slight uptick in weight despite working out. Is it just a matter of getting over this hump every month.
  • MissMed07
    MissMed07 Posts: 34
    Options
    I always gain close to five pounds in bloat during the week leading up to my period. It slowly tapers off and then by the start of the new pack of BC pills I am back at my normal weight. This really sucks, because it means that I can only track my true weight 2 weeks out of the month. Very frustrating.