Mocha Protein Shake....

Options
nisharae
nisharae Posts: 204
So... I have a few days lately where I have to be up at 3:45am, and found that I wanted something a) to get my metabolism going b) to have some form of protein c) CAFFEINE!!! and d) didn't ruin my calorie count if I wanted something real for breakfast later in the day......

This was the result:

The Masterful Mocha Protein Shake

1) 1 Cup unsweetened almond milk: 40 cals
2) 2 scoops biggest looser protein (rich chocolate) 100 cals
3) 1 Packet instant tasters choice coffee ( 0 Cals)
4) Handful of Ice
5) Optional : 1/2 TB of Agave to sweeten (30 Cals)

Total Cals: 170 and an amazingly yummy start to an early day... Also the options with this are endless.. If you like splenda or no cal sweetener you can loose that 30 cals, you can also use a different protein powder of your liking, or even use the chocolate almond milk for only 5 cals more (which I would have but was out). Take your fave. Chocolate protein shake and add some instant coffee for an amazing mocha!!!

:D

Replies

• CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    Options
    I do this already with my chocolate mint protein powder, and I brew a cup of espresso add some form of milk (coconut/cows) and blend with ice. It really does taste like a frappe from starbucks but way better for you!!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I concocted something similar yesterday morning, loved it! yum!
  • Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Nice idea to add instant coffee to your chocolate protein shake...:smile:
  • froggzy1015
    froggzy1015 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome...gonna have to try it soon!!! Thanks!
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Will have to try it!
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    good tip on the coffee - I do miss that extra lil caffeine jolt!
  • butterfly0475
    butterfly0475 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I do this already with my chocolate mint protein powder, and I brew a cup of espresso add some form of milk (coconut/cows) and blend with ice. It really does taste like a frappe from starbucks but way better for you!!

Where do you find chocolate mint protein powder? I don't think I would eat solid food again with that!
  • katt742
    katt742 Posts: 196 Member
    Options

Where do you find chocolate mint protein powder? I don't think I would eat solid food again with that!

Yes, do tell!!! Im with her ^ lol. LOVE ME SOME MINT CHOCOLATE!
  • 112girl
    112girl Posts: 10
    Options
    yum. will definitely try that!