Going Alcohol Free For One Year

Options
I feel like I"ve done everything else right, but stalled at 30# lost. I take meds that do not mix with my favorite craft beers, plus I get a little wild. I live in the land of beer & cheese, so it is something I grew up with. Anyone else goi g off the booze?

Replies

• MrsK912
    MrsK912 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me too - although I am pregnant so I have to. Kudos to you! I will say that during the first 15 weeks of pregnancy I hardly gained a pound, and I think it was partially due to the lack of beer/drinking!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I recently realized that I tend to drink too much and for the wrong reasons (loneliness and boredom) while traveling for work, so I decided to cut drinking on work trips and save it for when I'm home.

Good luck!
  • Rushgirl82
    Rushgirl82 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am too! Started Jan 1! This is big for me! My friends make fun of me daily and are already missing my 'I'm never drinking again' Facebook posts!
  • bigbodybake
    bigbodybake Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Decided to put it on hold for awhile on December 29th, best decision I've had in a long time
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am in the wine business, so it is in my world, daily. However, when I started this journey, I did not consume for 8 months. I tasted (and spit) as it is part of my job, but I did not drink. Then, I added wine back in, but only with dinner.
  • colorfulcupcakes
    colorfulcupcakes Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I quit for a year and it turned into 4 years. The first year was a big adjustment and now I rarely think about it. It's the best way to go for myself. Allen Carr's books really helped me out.
  • larali1980
    larali1980 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I WANT to quit!!!! Drinking has been an issue for me, calorie-wise and otherwise. I had planned to stop drinking at the end of 2015. I failed tonight and had some beer with the hubby. UGH. Guess I'm starting fresh.
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've made it 3 weeks now! Haha...I dont know if I will be able to do the whole 12 months completely tetotal, but for sure, I'm not doing a couple bottles of wine to myself every weekend and a beer here or there just because.

Will probably have one or two nights out and gi it laldy a bit, but otherwise off it. And you know what...even just not having any for 3 weeks (Normally I would have had up to 8 bottles of wine in that time), I can cycle for longer and harder...so it clearly does have an impact on physical well being.

I miss the red though.