REASONS WE DON'T NEED TO STUFF OUR FACES RIGHT NOW!!!

Options
What motivates you to stay on track and NOT STUFF YOUR FACE??!... I'll start the list, but let's be sure tokeep it going!!

1) I want to be healthy
2) I want to fit comfortably in a swing at the park
3) I want to exert myself without being winded

Replies

• darla0809
    darla0809 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    4) I want to be able to find *anything* in my size at a secondhand store. Or any regular store.
    5) No more looks of horror when I walk into a crowded venue from people who hope I don't sit next to them.
    6) Still being able to walk when I'm 60 ... seeing my heavier sisters lose mobility is eye-opening.
  • humbl3kay
    humbl3kay Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oh Darla those are good!! I hate shopping for clothes ( because it's such a pain) that I don't do it often and forget that my clothes sizes aren't "standard". Reminds me of first wives club.. Where she says, maybe you should get something... 'In YOUR size'

7) I want to be super confident in my appearance when I see someone from my past, rather than be self conscience about how big I have gotten.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    8) I want to take trips & do fun things with hubby.
    9) I don't want to live in pain.
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    10. My burger.
  • CourtneyLomonaco
    CourtneyLomonaco Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    11. bikini
  • buttersbunch
    buttersbunch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Because I *never* want to go back to weighing 410 pounds AGAIN, and being 'me' at 135 pounds feels AMAZING!!❤️ 89l86eapnrnk.jpeg
  • humbl3kay
    Options
    12) I want to give my husband the best version of his wife that I can be
    13) I want to give my child the best version of her mom that I can be
    14) I want to compete and complete a marathon
  • humbl3kay
    Options
    :) All really great reasons so far. Let's keep the ball rolling... So we can dream of our future, rather than stuff our faces!! <3
  • humbl3kay
    Options
    15) because I love the feeling I have when I weigh myself and the scale is lower!!! :-)
  • christin14
    christin14 Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    16) Because "I'm not fat, I just have fat" looking forward to freedom 30's
  • cme4bb
    cme4bb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    17) I want to be able to chase my kids around while they're still young.
    18) I want to watch my kids grow up.
    19) I want to get off blood pressure medication.
    20) I want to reverse type 2 diabetes.
    21) My personal favorite........ After my kids being taught to call me "Fat Cow Mommy" by my ex-husband, I want the next time I run into him or his stuck up family to be a complete jaw dropping experience for them and watch them eat their words.
  • humbl3kay
    Options
    22) I want to be able to go on a roller coaster again
    23) I want to have a conversation with my doctor and NOT have it revolve around my weight; and have her blame every time I feel ill to my weight being too high
    24) I want to be judged on my character and brains; not my appearance and preconceived notions
    25) I want to fit into my husband's dress shirts, to wear as a night shirt
  • KouraMara
    KouraMara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    26) I will be able to tie my shoe laces in the middle
  • cherryblossombabe
    cherryblossombabe Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    27) keeping that dream in my head of one day competing in a national figure competition.
  • ayslinn28
    ayslinn28 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    28) because I have seen my mom hide behind someone in every picture she's ever taken, and I need to fix what I'm doing now or that will be me too.
    29) because it's embarassing posting pictures on facebook knowing people I've known for a long time are probably crapping their pants with how much weight I've gained
    30) Because I am a thin person. I truly am. I'm just stuck in this body.
    31) Because I want to be around for a long long rime for my kids, and be in top health to enjoy my future grandkids
    32) because being overweight makes me unhappy and ashamed and I would like to change that.
  • aubreytoe
    aubreytoe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    28) I want to be able to go up and down the steps at the beach house when we go on vacation.
  • kungfoopanda1
    kungfoopanda1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    29) Because...Am I really hungry!?
    30) Do I really need this - will it help me achieve my goal?
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    33) Because I can wait for the next delicious meal I planned and made myself.
    34) Because I want to shed those winter pounds and get back on track.
    35) So I can fit in the car alongside my friends when we go places together.
    36) So I can show off my cosplay without feeling like others are looking at me and thinking I ruined the character for them or that I'm another American who shouldn't be cosplaying because of how I look.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    37. I won't stuff my face because someday I want to say YES to social events.

My partner and I didn't go out for new years because the people we spent NYE with last year saw me 40lbs lighter and I broke down crying and we cancelled. It broke my heart and his. I hate feeling limited by how much I hate my body this over weight. 40 pounds until I'd see those folks again, and 110 until I hope to never have another excuse to miss a party again.
  • hennaj22
    hennaj22 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    38. I want to love my body as much as I love my personality
    39. When I eventually get pregnant sometime in the future I don't want people to wonder if I'm "pregnant or just fat"