struggling

Options
I had lost 55 pounds which I'm proud of but over the Xmas period I had a week of to enjoy the food an drink..which I now regret I had gained 8 pounds but lost 3 pound of that but not lost in the last 2 weeks even thou im back on track I dont understand why I'm,frustrated because I thought eatin badly might of kick start a regular weight loss now I'm eating normal..any ideas please would appreciate it

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    No alcohol.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Just keep swimming. -Dory

Not the most helpful, I know. Sometimes that is all we can do though.

In your shoes I would want to fiddle with something to see if it helps. Maybe add a daily half hour walk, reduce carbs for week or two to flush water. Anything to get traction and mentally keep up the fight.

I usually weigh only once a week and round up or down to the nearest pound because all the little fluctuations make me crazy even if the trend is going the right way.
  • sandiikat
    sandiikat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    @ilex70 whoa you can do that? Flush out water by removing calories? sorry I am so new to this.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    sanrocha8 wrote: »
    @ilex70 whoa you can do that? Flush out water by removing calories? sorry I am so new to this.

Yes, but it will come right back when you add carbs back in.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    OP, it sounds like you know what you need to do, since you've already lost 55 pounds. Take one baby steps, like logging everything you eat. Once you see what you are actually eating, I suspect you will start to make changes to get you back on track.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    A lot of us gained weight during the Holidays. Just get back into it... Weight loss isn't linear and you won't lose every week.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Instead of focusing on the 8 pounds you gained try focusing on the fact that you are currently 50 pounds lighter than you were this time last year. So you obviously know how to lose weight. Just keep doing what you know how to do and things will get back in gear.

I had a pretty big gain over the holidays as well and felt a little stuck and discouraged for a couple of weeks. But it's starting to drop back off again. I keep reminding myself of the huge progress I made last year and not on the small setback, It is just a speed bump and not a brick wall. :)
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You thought that eating and drinking poorly for a week would help kick start your weight loss?

Yes, it will come back off when you stay within your deficit for a little while. For me, I have to be super on track for like three times as long as I was off track before I'm back to normal.
  • uppie66
    uppie66 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Fanx for all replys..yes I will just give it time an i do swimming and gym twice a week..and hopefully it will start to come off again...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i gained weight. its coming back off. just get back into your routine.
  • uppie66
    uppie66 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am back in my routine thou been back on it nearly 3 weeks..but I won't give up this time last year I was a size 20 I'm now a size14. :smiley:
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    There you go. Congratulations!