I haven't lost any weight in the first week of vigorous exercise and healthy eating.

Options
For the past week I have done vigorous exercise and healthy eating. I haven't lost any weight so far! :-( When do I see results?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It's not uncommon not to lose in the first week, especially if you are just beginning exercise. Stay on plan.

When you say "healthy eating," do you mean that you're tracking calories? Just eating healthy isn't going to cause you to lose weight -- you will need a calorie deficit to do that.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    One WEEK? You're freaking out over one week?

Patience, padawan. A lot, and lot of patience...
  • mizzmercury
    mizzmercury Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It may take a little bit for you to start seeing the results you want to see but as long as you stick with it, the pounds will start coming off. I still get discouraged sometimes when I see the number go up, but I have to remind myself that maybe I am just gaining muscle and also weight does fluctuate from day to day. Just stick with what you're doing! Your results are on their way :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
  • Terri2874
    Terri2874 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    A week is NOT enough time! Keep at it!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Also, don't rely just on the scale. Take your measurements, too. Scales will pick up water retention and muscle gain, and they don't differentiate. The measuring tape only sees what's really there.
  • TRC64
    TRC64 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Starting a new exercise program usually causes you to retain water, which can mask any scale loss.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    It's only been a week...

You did not become obese in a week and you won't get thin in a week...it's a marathon not a sprint
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    ONE week. Did you gain all the weight in a week? Patience my dear.
  • mis1022
    mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Keep going I only lost .2 of a pound my first week. It was very depressing I just finished week two and lost 2 pounds. Keep it up weight loss, is a head game and takes a long time. Keep moving forward toward your goals.
  • pearshapedmum
    pearshapedmum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    keep at it. when I first started I had 5 weeks with no loss, then over the space of a weekend dropped about 3lbs. that tends to be how my weight loss goes these days. I find it really hard to stay motivated when I see week after week with no change, but it is worth it in the end. good luck :-)
  • ShashayLee
    ShashayLee Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    you may be eating healthy but are you weighing all your food intake? that helps a bunch for portion control :)
    & as others have stated it will not happen overnight .
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Is it your TOM or ovulation (usually middle of the month). I gain 2-3lbs during both of those times each month. For me it's water weight and disappears within a few days after. How is your salt intake-that will also make me retain water. Hang in there.
  • muscleandbeard
    muscleandbeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Cut calories, drink more water, consume more protein.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    For the past week I have done vigorous exercise and healthy eating. I haven't lost any weight so far! :-( When do I see results?

Define "healthy eating"? In order to lose weight you must consume less calories than you burn. Exactly what you eat, healthy or not, is irrelevant to weight loss. Have patience, it does take time.

If you open your diary some can comment on your eating habits and logging accuracy.
  • sarahbhurley15
    sarahbhurley15 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Make sure you drink a ton of water! If you think you've drank enough, drink more. Infuse your water if you get bored - lemon, strawberries, mint. Anything!