Weight loss help

Options
So I counted calories last week and wrote everything down also exercised 6times but had my first weigh in this morning and have put 3lb on I don't know what I have done wrong, any help is appreciated thanks

Replies

• rlv20
    rlv20 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate by multiple pounds up or down every single day. Don't take it to heart. You could weigh yourself tomorrow and it be a totally different number. Just keep doing what you're doing and eventually you'll notice a trend in loss, even if it occasionally goes up a pound or two some days.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    A lot of people experience weight gain in the begining. It is simply your body reacting to a new routine.
    If you are in calorie deficit, eating a balanced diet, and exercising you will see results.
    They say it takes 4 weeks for you to notice the difference, 8 weeks for your close family and friends and 12 weeks for the rest of the world. Be patient and good luck :)
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    so you counted all the calories - did you make sure there were less of them? (not intentionally obnoxious but...inadvertently so....but also funny? maybe?) Anyways, an important piece of calorie counting is insuring that you were eating less than you were before.

I'd advise weighing all of your food with a food scale to insure that you are getting accurate calorie counts. I see you just started MFP but if you open up your food diary and get a few days of data in there, people can help you out with more specific advice if you want it.