Do you count calories every day?

Options

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Everyday, with the exception of a few holidays that are too hard to track (like Thanksgiving and Christmas for example). Otherwise, everyday.

This is how I did it and lost all my weight and have been maintaining for 2+ yrs so far..
    Consistency is best and holidays are great times to let loose a little.
  • armydreamers
    armydreamers Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've been logging every day on the Fitbit app. I find it easier than using MFP for some reason. I have myself on a 500 cal deficit but it's tough on weekends. We tend to go out to eat more and I rarely make it to the gym. Today I changed my deficit to 250 and I was fine. I may do that every weekend. :)
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes. Even the ugly days. I went to a funeral Thursday and ate over 3900 calories.
    Bereavement + tiramisu...
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I take two weeks off at Christmas and two weeks off in the summer, other than that I always log.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Every single day for over three years, except for a week last year, when I was on a cruise.
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Every day, though some days admittedly I will guesstimate meals if I've eaten out or pre-log a certain amount on the very occasional holiday (two or three times a year i.e. Christmas Day)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    When I was tracking I usually took a Sunday or Saturday off or sometimes I would just guess or quick add cals. I was a pretty lazy logger but it worked for me
  • Allira_11
    Allira_11 Posts: 21 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    its just my second day and its hard trying to list everything that i eat :D
  • corbinskiii
    corbinskiii Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Logging accurately everyday forms good habits and has been essential for me. I have gone over on calories two days in two years. Both were fitversaries and I went over by less than 300 calories both days. Everyone is different, but rigidity works, no arguing it.
  • butterfly2120
    butterfly2120 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, everyday. every 15lbs I allow myself 1 cheat meal and I log that too!
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I keep track even if i overindulge. Be honest with yourself, why not?

When i first started i was aiming at 1200, but I found that i was constantly hungry, and tended to go over alot, so I changed my daily goal to 1400 and that seems to work better. Every month (I call it the Ate-th) I have my "screw it" day and go get some delicious awful-for-you food like pizza... still try to keep my net around 2000 for that day but i don't freak out if i go over... 1/30 days isn't bad.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I track every day.
    Allira_11 wrote: »

It gets easier in time. People are creatures of habit and tend to eat the same things regularly. When you start typing in an entry it will pop up previous similar entries. Eventually the things you regularly consume will only take seconds to log.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Every day even if I go over.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Every day, whether I go over or not. I generally run a bit under calorie goal knowing that I will have a day or two where I go over, whether by accident or on purpose.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

Yes, it is at first. My daily log looks like a shopping list. But as you go, mfp keeps lists of most recent and frequent foods. It's easy then to search those lists, click and alter quantities/weight.

Or, if you're like me and eat a similar meal everday (usually breakfast or lunch), you can copy the whole meal over to a new day, adjust as necessary. It gets easier and quicker as you get more experienced.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I log everything, every single day. Even the bad days... Especially the bad days.
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I count daily. Though I did not log anything on Christmas so I guess I only count/log 99% of the time, haha.

It helps me to stay on track. I worry that if I take the weekend off, I will be less likely to get back on track and log again come Monday, you know? Even if I'm going to go over my calories (rare), I log it. Accountability is key for me!
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options

This will get easier too! At least for me, I eat a lot of the same stuff over and over so having it already saved in my log, I can just start typing and it will come up without having to individually look for everything each day.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    I log every. day. I HAVE to. And I LOVE it.
    I also prelog which gives the OCD planner in me the warm fuzzies.
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Every day. I still have about 60 lbs to lose. I need to stay on track. This has been so much easier with the use of MFP. I lost almost a hundred pounds, maybe 7 or 8 years ago. I used a food scale, but without a good place to track everything, I ended up just estimating a lot. I never got to my ultimate goal weight. Now I can use MFP to ensure I get to my goal. Honestly, this is the best program/app ever. I'm thankful to be able to track my food and calories so easily.