Lost and heartbroken

Options
I've recently returned to mfp after quitting upon finding out I was pregnant. At 16 weeks I suffered a loss of my baby. I'm broken and traumatized. I know I have to pick up the pieces and keep going. I need to focus on health and wellness. Please add me and help me reach the light from this dark, sad place.

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. Take time to grieve, to mourn and don't stress over your food. Take care of yourself by being kind to yourself- eat well, exercise to relieve stress, seek support from family and friends.
  • terio818
    terio818 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss. At such a difficult time it has got to be hard to even worry or think about calories and food intake. Just be kind to yourself and allow yourself to grieve. <3
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it is definitely ok to grieve. it's ok to be in a dark place but just don't spiral down
    remember food is just food and cannot provide any comfort. friends and family can do that
    exercise can make you happier
    also you can see if there is a support group nearby or someone you can talk to.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, hugs.
  • hnsr1021
    hnsr1021 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. As others have said you need to allow yourself to grieve. I will be praying that God will ease your pain and help you through this. It may be good to start back as it could keep your mind busy and as someone else said the exercise can help you feel happier but please don't stress yourself our even more with this.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Sending you all the love in the world. I can only repeat advice already given, allow yourself time to grieve, food will not bring you comfort or ease your pain. Lean on your family and friends for support and maybe find a support group. Turn to and not away from your husband, he must be hurting too
    I wish you brighter days ahead xxxx
  • Lindagodess23
    Lindagodess23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your heartbreaking loss. I have lost many loved ones very close to me but the loss of a child no one should experience. I'm here for you both for grieving and weight loss. (I'm also a social worker it's in my blood to help!)
    Add me I'd love to join your weight loss journey! Your all welcome to add me xo
  • Cmcs85
    Cmcs85 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind thoughtful advice. I am joining a support group with a meeting next week and seeking individual counselling. I realize now is not the time to push myself but I would like to be more conscious about what I am eating and encouraging myself to make healthy choices.