College ladies?

Options
habla25
habla25 Posts: 17 Member
edited January 2016 in Getting Started
Hey everyone!
I'm an active college junior new to weight loss and my fitness pal. During my three years at college I gained 30 pounds! I'm looking to lose that weight plus another 20 pounds and am looking for general support and cooking for one ideas! Anyone looking to lose a similar amount of weight?

Replies

• BoaRestrictor
    BoaRestrictor Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm a college student but I'm on here to bodybuild and make sure I don't gain the college pounds a lot of people do. Best of luck! College is stressful. :)
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Returning college student, does that count? ^_^
  • LUHAN27
    LUHAN27 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm a junior in college as well, trying to lose 50+ pounds! :)
  • _JustNate_
    _JustNate_ Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Saw the title and thought some dude was trolling! lol Anywho, you got this. I just returned to mfp but, 3 years ago lost almost 40 lbs. Maintained awhile but gained 20 back in 2015. Grrr. MFP is the way to go though!
  • sarahstamberg1
    sarahstamberg1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a college student too! Trying to lose about 30lbs. I'm new, but trying to start a support team as well! Feel free to add me!
  • getitbackwards
    getitbackwards Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    College sophomore here, hoping to lose ~20lbs. Gym membership at my college is far from free and with a north east winter, I'm hoping a good diet will be a sufficient start!
  • rlf6x2
    rlf6x2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Returning college student. Trying to lose 22 pounds. Add me
  • ak415
    ak415 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Everyone feel free to add me also. Studying for midterm, finals, time in the library can be super stressful. It all adds up so its great to have accountability.
  • ElphabaWeasley
    ElphabaWeasley Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm a graduate student but that's still college right? I'm looking to lose about 50 pounds as well and cook for one 5 days a week! (Okay more like 2x a week with leftovers but I've got some ideas haha!) Feel free to add me!
  • habla25
    Options
    _JustNate_ wrote: »
    Saw the title and thought some dude was trolling! lol Anywho, you got this. I just returned to mfp but, 3 years ago lost almost 40 lbs. Maintained awhile but gained 20 back in 2015. Grrr. MFP is the way to go though!
    This cracked me up! Haha maybe I should've made a less, um, creepy, title…
    Glad to here all of the responses on here! This year I'm working on meal prep to help my portion control when I cook for just myself. This is what I struggle with the most! Cooking more than I need and then eating the whole thing. I'm keeping my food diary public because that makes me feel slightly more accountable.

• akatiffany
    akatiffany Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Senior in college here and I have a total of 48 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me! I'm currently (slowly) working my way through c25k. I'd love to help you stay motivated and add even more accountability to myself!
  • habla25
    Options
    Senior in college here and I have a total of 48 pounds to lose. Feel free to add me! I'm currently (slowly) working my way through c25k. I'd love to help you stay motivated and add even more accountability to myself!
    Good luck! I'm running a 10k in March, it's tough work!
  • cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm a sophomore in college but I'm just in maintenance
  • missyleep
    missyleep Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Grad student here, And I too have gained 5 lbs per semester- which alone would've been manageable but now I'm in my 6th semester (third year!)

I'm looking to add people similar to me, ladies only. Please add :) I have 18 ish weeks until graduation! Setting a 20 lb goal for just that. And even more throughout the summer.
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Not in college anymore, but I'm a second year medical student! I tried hard to lose weight in college and was able to go from 181 - 155. Now in med school it is a little easier and I am down to 140 with my ultimate goal being 125. I was down to 132 when I got married, but put on a couple of pounds after (still within healthy BMI range). I am back at it and ready to hit 125 :smile:

Feel free to add!
  • habla25
    Options
    BioQueen wrote: »
    Not in college anymore, but I'm a second year medical student! I tried hard to lose weight in college and was able to go from 181 - 155. Now in med school it is a little easier and I am down to 140 with my ultimate goal being 125. I was down to 132 when I got married, but put on a couple of pounds after (still within healthy BMI range). I am back at it and ready to hit 125 :smile:

Feel free to add!

Nice job!