Fitness/Weightloss Goals.

Options
I've starting speaking to a Life coach now that I'm fully commited to my new life change. She has inspired me to rewrite some of my goals and add some new ones. I have learnt that you are more likely to acheive if you share your goals with others. So I am going to list them here. I hope you will list some of yours too. Maybe we can get some ideas off each other.

Lose 20lbs in the next 4 months
Be able to run 10 minutes without stopping
Fit into a size 34inch pair of jeans
Buy a Medium t-shirt from River Island
Swim 10 lengths with no break unaided (i'm not the best swimmer)
Run a 5K

Replies

• vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    NICE GOALS AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU.
  • OrganicGal
    OrganicGal Posts: 15
    Options
    Awesome! Great goals. I even posted a picture of myself from days gone by as my inspiration. Not an underweight model who has been airbrushed. Just me. Because afterall it should only be for YOU that you are doing this. Great job!

My "list"...
    1. Not shy away from photographs and NOT making a goofy face to hide behind.
    2. Wear more fitting clothes instead of moo-moo's or long shirts over pants...even wear a belt! Woo hoo!
    3. Run more 10k's and train for the "Flying Pig" 1/2 marathon next year.
    4. Feel good about myself and compliment myself on a daily basis. Find one thing good and focus on that.
    5. Finally hit that darn WW "goal" weight for my height and bone structure. (Oh how I wish I was just a few inches taller and 'big-boned'. LOL)

I think goals are a great tool, and it keeps us focused. Plus we can update our goals when we hit them and keep updating. Yea!!
  • skinnydaydreams
    Options
    Good luck

Here is my list:
    • Buy a new maillot (a size smaller than the one I have now) and pointes
    • Lose 6.2 kg/13.7 lb by 2013
    • Do audition for an artschool (to dance)
    • To run for 1 hour without stopping
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Good idea. I hadnt thought about doing that.

Here are mine (after some thinking!)

1) To lose enough weight to no longer look pregnant (I have never had children, but I look like I have or am about to!)
    2) To get under 200lbs (I am 24.5lbs away at the moment)

Longer term:
    1) to fit into a size 12 or 14 bridesmaid dress for June 2012. (currently fitting into a 18/20 - UK sizes)
    2) to be able to wear a sexy outfit to a hen party in May 2012 (all my friends are super skinny, so it'll be extra hard next to them!)
    3) To be fit and healthy, and be able to run again (may not be possible after surgery for a slipped disc)
  • Monkeymin
    Monkeymin Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I wish you all the best of luck. You all have some great goals. I am going to set myself mini goals as well to keep me motivated.
  • sparrow747
    sparrow747 Posts: 87
    Options
    Those are great goals! How did you find your life coach by the way - that's something I"m definitely interested in too.

My Weight Loss Goals:
    - To be a size 14 and 180lbs by Christmas (my size/weight in high school) - currently wearing a loose 16 (my ideal size is an 8/10 when I hit my final goal of 160)
    - Be able to shop anywhere
    - To wear any sort of cute swimsuit and feel good about it on a trip to Miami this upcoming February and perhaps a bikini on a cruise I'm taking for my 30th birthday in 2 years
    - To become a skilled yogi (and perhaps even make this part of my career)
  • Monkeymin
    Options
    Those are great goals! How did you find your life coach by the way - that's something I"m definitely interested in too.

My Weight Loss Goals:
    - To be a size 14 and 180lbs by Christmas (my size/weight in high school) - currently wearing a loose 16 (my ideal size is an 8/10 when I hit my final goal of 160)
    - Be able to shop anywhere
    - To wear any sort of cute swimsuit and feel good about it on a trip to Miami this upcoming February and perhaps a bikini on a cruise I'm taking for my 30th birthday in 2 years
    - To become a skilled yogi (and perhaps even make this part of my career)

FAB goals!! I like the Be able to shop anywhere,

I knew her through FB, she has lost 8 stone over the last 2 years and now she is qualified to Coach, she's great. I'll send you her website.
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Great goals, everyone - mine are similiar:

1. Bring (and actually wear) a dress for my Boston vacation for the 4th of July weekend
    2. Be able to run 10 minutes straight (thanks C25K)
    3. Wear just a bathing suit (no shorts to cover the thighs)
    4. Watch sodium and sugar intake and be in the "green"
    5. Run the entire 8K for charity at the end of September
  • Monkeymin
    Options
    4. Watch sodium and sugar intake and be in the "green"

Fab Goals, I might have to borrow this one :)
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    1) Get to my goal weight.
    2) Size 10(uk) clothes.
    3) Finish 30 day shred(i am on day 7)
    4) Finish C25K(on week two)
    5) Run a 5K.
    6) Maintain all of this.
  • Monkeymin
    Options
    3) Finish 30 day shred(i am on day 7)

I need to get a copy of this, seems everyone does it.
  • daisymaegreen
    daisymaegreen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great goals. I even posted a picture of myself from days gone by as my inspiration. Not an underweight model who has been airbrushed. Just me. Because afterall it should only be for YOU that you are doing this. Great job!

My "list"...
    1. Not shy away from photographs and NOT making a goofy face to hide behind.
    2. Wear more fitting clothes instead of moo-moo's or long shirts over pants...even wear a belt! Woo hoo!
    3. Run more 10k's and train for the "Flying Pig" 1/2 marathon next year.
    4. Feel good about myself and compliment myself on a daily basis. Find one thing good and focus on that.
    5. Finally hit that darn WW "goal" weight for my height and bone structure. (Oh how I wish I was just a few inches taller and 'big-boned'. LOL)

I think goals are a great tool, and it keeps us focused. Plus we can update our goals when we hit them and keep updating. Yea!!

"Not shy away from photographs and NOT making a goofy face to hide behind." now this is definitely a goal that i need to have!