friends needed

Options
Good day MFP'ers!
I've been using MFP for awhile, but haven't been social... til now

I'm looking for similar people with similar struggles for mutual support.

I have 100+ to loose and have been yo-yo'ing with the first 20-25.

I'm 40, married, 2 kids, work full time, taxi kids to their sports... haven't been spending much time on myself... but that just changed!

My motivation, other than my kids, DISNEY!
I've never been and we're planning to bring the kids next year... and a smaller me will make that trip, and keep up with my kids in the parks.

Message me / Friend me... I'm quickly realizing that i could use the community.

Michelle

Replies

• CCJ13
    CCJ13 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I am a work at home mom of 5. I had over 100lbs to lose. I'm almost 1/2 way there.
  • zaz936
    zaz936 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I love Disney and have been a few times with the kids! I had 100 pounds to lose; now down to 64 left.
  • aslm
    aslm Posts: 71
    Options
    Feel free to add me SAHM with 2 kids
  • Nickel1969
    Nickel1969 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me... didn't quite have 100lbs to lose but close.... It's a long and difficult road... I could use the extra encouragement... as well...
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Like you, I had joined but not social until just this past week. I thought that I'd reach out for help and motivation. I have at least 80 to lose, so we're real close. Please feel free to friend me. Disney is awesome. Been there once and I was at my heaviest that I had ever been (300 or better). Had a great time but looking back, I would have had a much better time had I not had all the extra weight. I love riding the coasters and I was too big to ride most of them. :grumble: Here's to a new start! :happy:
  • sunshngirl3
    Options
    I am in the same situation as you. I have 100 + pounds to loose in fact I have almost 200 pounds to loose. I know I can't do it alone and need friends. Exercise is not easy when you are a large person and it doesn't help that you feel depressed and ashamed of how far you let yourself go. I need friends as well so please add me and together we can be a mighty force to taking our lives back.

P.S. I just joined three days ago so I am really new at this.
  • sunshngirl3
    Options
    Add me please as a friend. I have almost 200 pounds to loose and doing that alone is not going to be easy. Maybe we can help motivate each other. I am looking for someone to do this with. I feel that I am alone in all this and that makes it difficult. I look forward to getting to know you and being a friend.
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Please feel free to add me! I can use all the support I can get :)
  • Silverstrand
    Silverstrand Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend! I have closer to 200 lbs to lose (though 50 less than when I started!) :)

Welcome! :)
  • MilisaMote
    MilisaMote Posts: 28
    Options
    Add me I would like to try to be a good friend and support you. I am on a long hard journey myself. I need to lose 100+ pounds ... closer to 200. So add me and good luck God Bless
  • texakin20
    texakin20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Mom of 2 daughters, and I am 40. Loved Disney, we just went for Christmas. Great site here and having friends to motivate, support, and watch over each other helps SO much!! :)

Good luck and one day at a time.
  • jmh35slh
    jmh35slh Posts: 78
    Options
    The more the merrier! Friend me too! I'm realizing that it does make a difference when you have support. I've never tried to loose weight WITH support, and I'm finding it's making a BIG difference. Like you, I'm in my 40s (43) and have 100 lbs to loose. Disney is a couple of years away for us, but right now I'm working on having a GOOD picture to take for my drivers license in 8 months!
  • mightymom2
    mightymom2 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well.I have approx 100 lbs to lose as well just taking it one day at a time & I'm a mom of 3